Discuss Removing Old Cable TV Wires From House Exterior: in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Martina

DIY
Reaction score
I have what I think is old cable TV wires on the exterior of my house. I am hoping that someone from this forum can confirm from these photos that that is what I am looking at. I know for sure that they are not my Verizon Fios wires. Thank you in advance :)

Removing Old Cable TV Wires From House Exterior: Old Cable? - EletriciansForums.netRemoving Old Cable TV Wires From House Exterior: Old Cable 2? - EletriciansForums.net

I have what I think is old cable TV wires on the exterior of my house. I am hoping that someone from this forum can confirm from these photos that that is what I am looking at. I know for sure that they are not my Verizon Fios wires. Thank you in advance :)

View attachment 59537View attachment 59538
@Martina are you sure that box doesn’t have power. The reason I ask is on the box it says Raychem and the make heat tape to keep pipes from freezing which require power and the cable going up to the roof looks like tieing into the electrical. Hire an electrician to find if it has power or you could go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy a non contact voltage tester and turn it on and hold it next to the wires and if it starts beeping real loud if the wires are live. That tester might be $ 15.00 at most. Another thing I saw was the cables going under your house out of that box possibly going to your water piping
[automerge]1595006214[/automerge]

View attachment 59537View attachment 59538
It appears to be old cable wires or old phone lines but why take a chance

@Martina are you sure that box doesn’t have power. The reason I ask is on the box it says Raychem and the make heat tape to keep pipes from freezing which require power and the cable going up to the roof looks like tieing into the electrical. Hire an electrician to find if it has power or you could go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy a non contact voltage tester and turn it on and hold it next to the wires and if it starts beeping real loud if the wires are live. That tester might be $ 15.00 at most. Another thing I saw was the cables going under your house out of that box possibly going to your water piping

[/QUOTE

Thank you for your post! I’m hoping to take it down because it’s so ugly the way it was installed.
[automerge]1595015967[/automerge]
Thank you for your post! I’m hoping to take it down because it’s so ugly the way it was installed.
I will test it to see if there’s power and post back with the outcome. Good advice, thank you!

Reply to Removing Old Cable TV Wires From House Exterior: in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock