Search the forum,

Discuss Reverse polarity in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

ejostone

My dismountable camper - which I carry on a Nissan pick-up - has an electrical panel which carries all the fuses, trip switches, pump switch, charger switch etc. It also has a light which shows if the polarity is reversed. I can't understand why, because I thought AC current changes polarity constantly. It obviously shows if the mains current in is wired up with reversed polarity - but this does not seem to cause any problems. The camper battery continues to charge OK and all the systems, both mains and 12 volt work without problems. What danger is there if the polarity is reversed by mistake? Can anyone explain for me? john

if polarity is reversed then the fusing would all be in the neutral conductor and if this is isolated then the equipment could become live as it would have no return neutral path and would find the easiest route to earth.

Reply to Reverse polarity in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock