Discuss rewire pricing? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

iceman

hello fellas i went to price a full rewire last week on a three bed house including board change plus 2X ring 2xlights , cooker, shower, heating & bonding to gas and water, including supply to garage via conduit as i didnt want to pull up is block paving lol i quoted him £2495 plus around 250 for plaster work lata on, wots ya thoughts on this?:cool:

Sound like a competative price if you are to supply all the materials. I have lost out recently on simillar specs - with the customer stating they have had prices less than 2k all in!! even if I buy the cheapest fittings I struggle at much less than 2.5k unless the house is unoccupied and I can crack on!!

i rewired my place for my nic eic assesment i got three electrical firms round to giv me a quote on a full rewire mkin out i never had a clue about electrics lol one came in at 2500 the other 1800 and the last one 3500 lol so i recken 2500 sounds about rite, anybody doin it less thn thn 2k must be unregistered cowboys again lol:cool:

hello fellas i went to price a full rewire last week on a three bed house including board change plus 2X ring 2xlights , cooker, shower, heating & bonding to gas and water, including supply to garage via conduit as i didnt want to pull up is block paving lol i quoted him £2495 plus around 250 for plaster work lata on, wots ya thoughts on this?:cool:

Are you in the north?

yeah shropshire not fare frm birmingham, would the rewire be more down south?

Not yet started anew to have the personal experience but the impression I get from various forums etc is that the price would have been at least a grand higher down in the south-east.

Be careful of us Welsh sparks who do the rewires far cheaper,its not far to Shropshire you know:)

The averqage rewire in parts of these areas can be as low as 1800 and thats legal and above board
Chancers go even lower
Some of the prices bandied around about the south east are lottery wins to some of our people

i thought it mite of been somethin like tht down there, but just lately tho registered sparks hav to compete against cowboys puttin in low prices and leavin people with unsafe installations does my head in when all us part p approved sparks hav to pay good money to comply building regs, the sooner people realise this the better:cool:

We must be lucky up here in Brum then...
just finished a 4bed:
1 week's Prep, chasing, Ripping out etc
1 week 1st fix & routing cables
1 week 2nd fix & test...

I think in total this may amount to 2-2.5 week's work as we were on a few other jobs here & there.
£4500(ish) with a discount supplying all materials.

blimey 4.5k thts realy good i spoke to about 3 other sparks about my 3.5k price i had and thy recken he tryed to rip me off lol i knw wot y amean tho about bein a salesmen if thy take a disliking to ya you wont get the job, if i cant get any work even after showing em al my qualifications, puplic liabilty, NICEIC cert theres gotta be something wrong! doin me head in abit now once i got registration work has been none existent!

I quoted a 3 bed this week. Technically a bungalow, but a weird layout and quite a few rooms. £2800, 2 sparks, and I reckon 50 odd hours.
This was declined as being the most expensive quote "by far".

:confused:

I'm quite new to the quoting for jobs thing, but the "by far" thing made me wonder....

We've just done a test quote at college on a Bungalow from a 'Schedule of Rates'...everybody in the class were hitting £4,500-£5000.
The Tutor was in agreement with the figures & when someone mentioned £1500-£2000 prices...

...well, you can imagine his response...

The job I mentioned involved just 2 of us (or 1.5 as I'm the Trainee Mate)...:D
I'd estimate that though to be right for nearly 3 weeks work:
I'd say £1000 in materials Tops inc about £400 of cable (Long runs)
3 weeks wages for employer rated out at £200 per day £25 p/h on 8hr day
3 weeks for me £850
All his NI & Tax for me & Tax for himself.

Local electrician also quoted on this & didn't give discount so his price was in same ball park.
So works out right I reckon...
It was a bit more awkward than a standard 3bed...ground floor concrete so all socket drops up then down. Complete new install in kitchen as they moved it to old living room. a few small GF Rooms with light & power & Garage.

Reply to rewire pricing? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net