Discuss Ring final circuit vs Radial final circuit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'm a big fan of the ring circuit in general but I would be in favour of outlawing the ring final circuit in domestic installations

Reason being that it's not a necessity and it would prevent hazardous situations such as breaks in the ring and overcurrent on spurs
still useful in a kitchen though. where the load would require a 4.0mm radial.

I'm a big fan of the ring circuit in general but I would be in favour of outlawing the ring final circuit in domestic installations

Reason being that it's not a necessity and it would prevent hazardous situations such as breaks in the ring and overcurrent on spurs

But if you get a break in the CPC in a ring circuit, at least you still have a CPC present.

Pros and cons of both circuits really.

What do you mean by "smacks of desperation"
Well when you offer an arguement for which system or accessory might be more advantageous over another, people usual put forward sound electrical reasons. Its only in connection with the ring circuit that I hear "environmental reasons" been put forward. That to me smacks of a poor defence for a wiring system that sadly (and through no fault of its own) is simply viewed worldwide (with a few exceptions) as inferior

Reply to Ring final circuit vs Radial final circuit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, When checking my consumer unit voltages with the full board off, I stumbled across something head scratching. Measuring the feed...
Replies
Views
For some Strange reason we have three Circuits running in the Kitchen i think for two OLD Cookers and a Ring Circuit for the house. Well the...
Replies
Views
HI All, I am building a new house (self build) and have my part P so am running the cabling. My reading of the regs says that any appliance of...
Replies
Views
Essentially I have a "normal" socket in a ring mains, i.e. one 2.5mm T&E going in and one 2.5mm T&E going out. I am looking to simply add two more...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock