SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss Running Cable under floor with UFH? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

hello all,
seeking some advice on how to run cables underfloor with ufh as well.
i am quoting for a complete house rewire as they are doing some substantial works and the electrics are in poor condition
the floors consist of hardcore then sand then dpm sheeting, celotex on top of that with wet under floor heating clipped to the celotex, with the screed on top. i want to run my cables to the sockets under the floor so to save time. i could put them on the celotex with the ufh but obviously there will be major heat temperatures to work with. what would be the best way of overcoming this?
thanks in advance

If you must, run 25mm conduit under the insulation with your cables in. I've done it before with 20mm but it's a pain in the proverbial, getting 2x2.5mm through swept elbows and tees up to socket boxes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
would you put it under the DPM matting and create a mini trench in the sand for it to be seated in?

I imagine whoever is doing the DPM wouldn't thank you for that. Trying to maintain the damp seal around vertical conduit would be a pig of a job. Be better on top of DPM then they could drop a layer of 25mm celotex in around your conduit, then top up to the required thickness in a single sheet

-
Arms
Esteemed
Would it not be quicker to run cables through ceiling void and drop down to sockets, rather than a large amount of time installing conduit and drawing cables through it?

I would say from my experience that running 2 2.5mm's through 20mm conduit is very difficult - especially when it gets to bends etc although its alright running it along the straight.

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Reply to Running Cable under floor with UFH? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Top Bottom