Discuss Running Cable under floor with UFH? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hello all,
seeking some advice on how to run cables underfloor with ufh as well.
i am quoting for a complete house rewire as they are doing some substantial works and the electrics are in poor condition
the floors consist of hardcore then sand then dpm sheeting, celotex on top of that with wet under floor heating clipped to the celotex, with the screed on top. i want to run my cables to the sockets under the floor so to save time. i could put them on the celotex with the ufh but obviously there will be major heat temperatures to work with. what would be the best way of overcoming this?
thanks in advance

If you must, run 25mm conduit under the insulation with your cables in. I've done it before with 20mm but it's a pain in the proverbial, getting 2x2.5mm through swept elbows and tees up to socket boxes.

would you put it under the DPM matting and create a mini trench in the sand for it to be seated in?

I imagine whoever is doing the DPM wouldn't thank you for that. Trying to maintain the damp seal around vertical conduit would be a pig of a job. Be better on top of DPM then they could drop a layer of 25mm celotex in around your conduit, then top up to the required thickness in a single sheet

I would say from my experience that running 2 2.5mm's through 20mm conduit is very difficult - especially when it gets to bends etc although its alright running it along the straight.

the only problem is that i am installing some floor boxes and the insulation has been put down already :rolleyes:
could i put 4mm down so the heat has less impact on the cable? or would heat resistant cable do the same job

You’d have to redo your cable calcs with the right cf.....heat resistant cable is resistant to outside influences not the load on the cable cores..

Reply to Running Cable under floor with UFH? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock