Discuss Shop installs - niceic domestic installer in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Just to sum up, there is no requirement to belong to a trade body to carry out and certificate commercial work, unless the client makes such a requirement (check the specification).

There is no requirement to belong to a trade body to carry out domestic installation work if you are prepared to pay LABC in the notification process.

Neither of the above scenario's alter your certification obligations other than the colours of your certificates.

If you are a domestic installer and carry out the commercial installation within the shop outside the scope of your domestic installer conditions then will the niciec provide insurance backing if you are not an approved contractor.?

Absolutely not.

Reply to Shop installs - niceic domestic installer in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have been working as an electrician under an NICEIC Approved Contractor for the past 10 years. I have my C&G2365 level 1/2/3 (acquired before...
Replies
Views
NICEIC Certification Scheme Getting accredited to
Looking for some advice regarding joining a CPS. I've been in the electrical industry in various roles for nearly 10 years. I started my...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys I've fitted a few emergency lighting circuits to both domestic and commercial installs before, I've come across one I can't get my head...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I’m an electricians mate, trying to get fully qualified but struggling. I’ve got my L3 diploma (C&G 8202-30) and 18th edition, I have...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I’m new here and wanted to ask a question. I want to do some domestic jobs but are currently not registered with a body. I trained a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock