Discuss single fused spur and single socket combined unit do they exist? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
like unicorns, I have seen pictures of these, but cant seem to find a distributor.
can anyone assist ?
at present there is a double socket in place with limited space around it so looking for a combined unit.
I know I can change the back box and put two single units in its place, but saw a few pictures and wondered if they actually exist in the UK
its the plain white

why not use one of these. a slight enlargement of the back box hole required:
shopping

I am surprised that there isn't a call for this type of thing.Just think,if you wanted to take two spurs off the ring,then you could have a double socket manufactured with a fuse built in and the ring wires would go into LNE as usual but the output to the radials could come from a seperate LNE via the fuse and then out to the spurs.The only problem i can see is the space needed to fit all that into a double box.

Although these are mainly used in caravans / motorhomes, would these be of any use?
Just search on eBay for “C line fused / sockets”
A337738F-D0C7-4F5E-9703-C55D12352584.png 30951F14-AFFE-4574-9D48-05AC5D7BF8D2.png C0B8D0E4-2DBD-4DD3-B3AD-AC8A2C5DFB59.jpeg

Where did you see this?
i just searched google and it came up on the search picture only unfortunately.
thanks i have decided to go with the double back box this time due to the job being this week
but will keep this in mind for future

Thanks that's what ive got and used this time

thanks all for your help just surprises me with the layout in kitchens that there isn't something like this more easily available

It's so stupid that these don't exist. It's just so much easier thay chopping out the existing backbox to make room for the bigger one.

What sort of back box do you have at the point of localisation surface or flush? you could always swap the existing box for a double accessory box, use one side for the spur unit and the other side fit a single socket

had this idea years ago when doing a lot of conservatory's for someone, would have loved to change the dual for a single then a fused outer part all in one , would have saved a lot of hassle and time, cant belive on one picked up on it.

Reply to single fused spur and single socket combined unit do they exist? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net