Discuss Small CU with RCBO "bundle" in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Would love to see RCBOs at around £12-15

As said ECD and if you want a single module double pole rcbo (the ones ECD never have in tock) try SBS (stansfield business services), he does fully assembled units, the last 6 way with main switch & rcbo's cost £106.

I almost hope RCBO boards do become mandatory, hopefully it will bring the prices down. A wylex board with 10 RCBO's costs me over £300 plus extra install time, so £630 board change instead of £350...whos gonna go for that?

I got a cheap one for £180 with 20 RCBO's once. Tradeline was the brand. Worst mistake I ever made. The main switch melted completely and about 5 or 6 breakers failed.
Ok so they will replace em for free but Ive lost about £300 worth of labour and a bit of rep thanks to that. Eventually agreed to repalce every RCBO with contactum. Fortunately the client was more than happy to pay for the new ones (he offered, I didn't ask)

My cousin is a mechanic and if they get a faulty part whatever it is they get their labour charge back from the suppliers. I don`t see why it should be any different for us when we install

3 of my local wholesalers are doing RCBOs for £12.50, Chint & CED the boards are terrible but can't fault the RCBOs

My local sells 'control gear' branded ones for £12.50 each as well. They& their board look a bit rubbish and the main switches are nearly impossible to switch. I'm waiting for feedback from others before i try them :38:

They also sell adaptable boards which look so much better

My cousin is a mechanic and if they get a faulty part whatever it is they get their labour charge back from the suppliers. I don`t see why it should be any different for us when we install

I have always argued this point with the manufacturers to no avail. That would put a stop to the kind of crap that some manufacturers are turning out.

3 of my local wholesalers are doing RCBOs for £12.50, Chint & CED the boards are terrible but can't fault the RCBOs

My local sells 'control gear' branded ones for £12.50 each as well. They& their board look a bit rubbish and the main switches are nearly impossible to switch. I'm waiting for feedback from others before i try them :38:

They also sell adaptable boards which look so much better

Who are the local wholesalers, do they have websites?

Reply to Small CU with RCBO "bundle" in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock