Discuss Solar Engineer Tool Kits - TMPV Series by test-meter.co.uk in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

Former Sponsor TM

Hey guys,
We've been really busy trying to get you guys a good deal on Solar Test Equipment, I'd like to think that we've hit the nail on the head! I introduce the TMPV Series:

With Solar generation rapidly growing, TMPV Kits have been designed specifically with Photovoltaic Installers in mind. These great kits will give you the quality tools needed to pass your MCS Training. Depending on which kit you choose you will be able to measure solar irradiance, crimp and tighten MC4 connectors, crimp and insulate MC3 connectors, check angle of inclination, measure solar panel temperature, analyse DC current, safely connect a multimeter or voltage detector to a PV system and correctly label your installation.

Seaward_Solar_PV100.jpg

TMPV1
includes:
1 x Solar Irradiance Meter
1 x Metrel MD9230 (AC/DC) Clamp Meter
1 x Custom foam lined case

TMPV2 includes:
1 x MC4 Crimping Tool

TMPV3 includes:
1 x MC4 Crimping Tool
2 x Packs of Solar Warning Labels

TMPV4 includes:
1 x MC4 Crimping Tool
2 x MC4 Solar Spanners
1 x Set of MC3 Crimp Dies
1 x MC3 Assembly Tool
1 x IR50 Infrared Thermometer
1 x MiniPro Digital Protractor
1 x Set of MC4 Solar Jump Leads
2 x Packs of Solar Warning Labels

We have the kits in stock and are offering an additional 5% off to all forum members. We can also offer further discount for volume orders, please call 0113 248 9966 for further details.

Last edited by a moderator:
@GraemeHarrold

Did your irradiance and clamp meter come with test certificates?

Both the MD9230 Clamp meter and the TM206 irradiance meter are supplied with certificates of conformity as standard within the kit. If you would require personalised calibration certificates with them, we can arrange that but this would be at an extra cost.

So we've got a job coming up with string voltages of up to 888V according to Sunny design - we'll need a DC voltmeter to test the arrays - any ideas please?
(Or do I have to dig my old bacolite Avometer out of the garage! ;) )

Here you go 1200VDC !! (Just don't touch the terminals!)

DSCF4364.jpg

Thank you test-meter, ordered a new multifunction tester on friday and i have it here on monday!

Went for a Metrel mi3000, used to using Megger but fancied a change.

Amazing value for this tester, comes with everything you would expect and a bit more, rechargeable ability which is smart!!

just under £400 with cliberation certs and a 3 year warranty.

It is a solid bit of kit and i'm really chuffed to bits with it

Thank you

Bob

Something to think about.

I had a good chat with Test-Meter the other day looking for a meter for a specific requirement, - great helpful people..

When we're doing the sort of testing that we do on the PV side Voc, Isc DC I just raised the question, why does everyone seem to use clamp meters?

The most common answer was "because that's what they're used to on AC".

The way we test, (and I mean we, i.e. Worcester so it may not be you :) ) if you're using a dedicated meter, a through flow Ammeter actually makes more sense...

The Metrel mi 3000 was fine today, was a bit confusing using 3 leads for loop and line testing, but it gives pfc and pscc as you do those tests. My megger would automatically pick up on continuity and start a test but the metrel you have to push the button, so R1+R2 push button to test, rcd trip there's loads of diffrent tests and settings but push button, Ze, Zs push button, high ohms insulation resistance push button= every test you have to push the button!! not a problem really. Just a bit fiddly on roses.
Apart from the above which i suppose is due to using a megger for 10 years, i found it a very very nice bit of kit, display is very clear loads of diffrent settings and ranges on all tests, Zs has rcd test function so no tripping out, and i found i could put it down do somthing and the readings from the last test where still there! dunno about you but i don't always write down the figure straight away, sometimes i will put the cover back on straight away so i know thats done.
I had become complaceant using the same kit all the time, now i must re-adjust, which in my opinion is not a bad thing at all.
Gonna plug it in and charge it up now ready for next time!

Reply to Solar Engineer Tool Kits - TMPV Series by test-meter.co.uk in the Electrical Engineering Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net