Discuss PV tool kits in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

fresun

Hi, I'm a newbie electrician especially to solar. Preparing for my first install and hopefully MSC registration. I know I shall need a clamp meter, iradience meter, infrared thermometer. I have seen adverts for MC3 and MC4 crimping, die and assembly tools, are these critical? are they for more bespoke installs and perhaps where a good bespoke supplier is not an option? One solar kit by TMPV includes all the test devices, even a digital protractor which would be of use, these are selling for £549. Seems alot but everthing in a foam case which is job done. Any advice gladly received

Thanks for kit advice, the infrared thermometer would surely be needed to guage panel temperature (in fitted position) in order to adjust the STC thus produce test report for handover?

theoretically yes, in reality, only if you want to be really ----. It's fairly obvious if a panel isn't performing properly if you test them individually before you mount them. Once you've done a few systems you get a feel for wether the figures are reasonable.

If you want to be that accurate you will need to be doing some fairly complex calculations to make an allowance for the individual variation in output of panels, cable losses etc, and even then you haven't allowed for other losses in the system.

Reply to PV tool kits in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net