Search the forum,

Discuss solar panel testing help? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

gordysolar

hi id like bit of help if anyone can help me this is my first post i have my mcs assesssment on the 1st november have doen a 2 panel install on my garage 2x sharp nu 245w schuco mounting system with a soladin 600 inverter

when doing insulation testing on panels do i megger it with panels connected + to earth and - to earth ? and on 250volts

also my generation meter is fitted before ac isolator in garage as my nic training notes show. Can the meter go between the ac isolator and inverter ?

whats easiiest tool to use to get the solar shading ?
And finally when measuring the temp for test conditions do i measure air temp or panel temp with my thermometer?

You shouldn't need to insulation test the panels.

You need to test the DC insulation in accordance with the DTi Guide Home (United Kingdom) - Energy Saving Trust (Appendix C "Field insulation test procedure" )

Meter position, the DTi Guide shows an EXAMPLE of a meter position, some inspectors treat that (incorrectly) as a directive. It depends which isolator you are talking about, and depedning upon the location of the inverter, it hence depends upon how many isolators you have. Our practice is: Incoming=>MainSwitch=>MCB=>LockableIsolator=>Meter=>LockableIsolator=>Inverter as per the Dti Guide page 8
though also acceptable should be:
Incoming=>MainSwitch=>MCB=>Meter=>LockableIsolator=>LockableIsolator=>Inverter
If you feel REALLY confident in the understanding of the regulations
Incoming=>MCB=>Meter=>LockableIsolator=>Isolator=>Inverter

Solar Shading, - A series of photographs taken at intervals during the day is about the simplest you can get.
(just hope it's sunny on the day you take the photos :) )
The temperature is the panel temperature. (Infra red thermometer is easiest to use, though a contact probe will do fine)

Reply to solar panel testing help? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back