Currently reading:
Some People Just Don`t Learn

Discuss Some People Just Don`t Learn in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

tazz

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Got called to a HMO job a few years ago, where a Indian builder had completed the job before BC had surveyed the building....needless to say they they pull it to pieces, no fire alarm, em lighting, fire doors, electrical or gas certs etc...so all was ripped out and redone at a cost.
Today the same builder has constructed 2 new house builds, ready to sell off, and calls me in.....Can you sign off the BC cert for the smoke alarms..?
Firstly I didn`t fit them, so who ever did should sign it off, secondly the install consisted of a ionization detector in the lounge kitchen, and another in the front bedroom linked together....no detection in hallway or landing. I was then asked, did I know anyone who could certify the electrical and gas installation.
Needless to say BC wont allow the 2 houses to be marketed before all this is sorted....

New build requires also an indemnity/insurance like nhbc or equivalent for the prospective buyer to get a mortgage , this would only be obtained if BC sign off the property..

This guy would only be able to sell to a cash buyer or someone putting down a very high deposit ..

I hear what you are saying PEG but that was 10 years ago pre-recession....

Yep,that example was,but i have pals dealing in land and property,week in,week out,and certain parts of that trade are heating up...

My missus has worked in the world of finance all her life,and,as a consequence,i have got to meet some very "interesting" people. At both ends,profit trumps ethics,almost always.

From the paltry few percent of (hopefully) risk-free bank savings interest...to the 3500+% of a pay day loan...it is the risk,apparent or otherwise,which sets the rate.

I've took up too much of your time,on this one topic,so i will bow out...this thread is a reminder that just because we sometimes want people to pay the price of not playing by the rules,a la planning,it does not always follow...:icon12:

Reply to Some People Just Don`t Learn in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock