Discuss Spanish Wiring Regulations in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dixon9, you could be the very person I need. Have just received a copy of spanish wiring regs by their regulatory authority. It's not available in English (or Welsh) so it's all in Spanish (just to please Bane). As far as I can make out their is nothing in there about ordering a beer and steak so I now need someone to translate it for me. Any volunteers????

Home - Voltimum UK - Electrical Installation Products and Contracting Hi ,interesting thread and got me looking for more info this link may help in terminology i found by chance .If you get any feedback regards malaga region colleges let me know .
Thanks
colin

It's getting better. Have ben in touch with a British sparks working in Spain. He told me the Spanish will accept the UK qualifications quite happily it's just that you have to go to college to get a Spanish qualification before you can work as a Sparks over there. There are times when I think we could learn from our "European Cousins"!!!!!
Hi there, sorry to be a nuisance.
I am being told that all electrical outlets must be 1.4Mtrs above the floor by a Sapnish electrician who wants to charge me £10000 to rewire my house in Spain.
Surely this is a scam?
I would appreciate your comments
Regards
Michael Bird

Last edited by a moderator:
Bearing in mind that the MAXimum height to the top of a light switch or socket in the UK is 1.2 m I would agree. I suggest you ask him who he is registered with and what his registration number is. (You should do that anyway)

(PS. Minimum height in the UK is currently 450mm and these figures only apply to new builds not re-wires )

Hi there, sorry to be a nuisance.
I am being told that all electrical outlets must be 1.4Mtrs above the floor by a Sapnish electrician who wants to charge me £10000 to rewire my house in Spain.
Surely this is a scam?
I would appreciate your comments
Regards
Michael Bird
normal re wire no where nnear rhat here m8

Hi Where in Spain are You.
You Have been quoted €10,000 for rewire .How big is your property appx.and how many light points and power points .And what is your allowance on ok Kw.from electricity board should be on your suppliers bill.do you have air con units and water heaters.
If your not to far I will give you Quotation and if a normal size villa or finca I should be able to halve it.I have a Spanish Electrician who will check my Installation and give a boletin + certificate once he is satisfied I am Qualified 2381 & 2391 C&G

How long is the college course because in australia i believe it is 12 months however whilst on the course you can work as a spark but cannot sign off and need to be supervised, thinking of moving to Almeria in southern Spain any help and comments would be good does anybody know the working hours. Also is renting property over there reasonable, i have been on internet and cost vary so much difficult to judge

Hi all just joined this forum
If anyone is interested I live in Menorca, was qualified in the Uk but still had to go through numerous bearucratic hoops lasting 4 years.
1 The Ministry of Education said it didnt recognise C&G - I believe they have an office in Madrid - I had to provide course sylabuss for everything going back 20 odd years.
2 18 months on I recieved the FP11 Tecnico Superior Qualification.
The end, not bloody likely I then had to take the Installer's exam - In Spanish - they only sit them twice a year here so 6 more months with various spanish wiring regs and other course books and a dictionary.
The End? Still not bloody likely you then have to apply for a Certificate as an Authorised Company if you want to issue your own paperwork.
This involves paying an engineer to say you have an extensive list of test equipment, (including things that cost a lot of euros that you will probably never use), a lock up of at least 25 square metres to store the above equipment and vastly overpriced public liability insurance, (my first year cost me over 800€)
And finally they sit sit on your paperwork for about 6 months then send you a letter saying you have to register self employed before you get an authoriastion number, in the Balearics this costs 254€ a month before you even open a toolbag. Oh and I forgot to mention about all the taxes you pay at every stage of the process.

I reccomend that unless you really really want to work as a spark here its just not worth the hassle:

Just to add the Spanish use REBT2002 which despite the language I found are similar to 7671 in that they use a paragraph to describe a sentance. all you really need to learn are the Spanish terms and you can pretty much understand most of it. The tables and calcs are pretty much the same after all even the Spanish can't change the laws of physics.

Last edited by a moderator:
what a load of B-----KS like i posted on another thread they do what they want, i was asked to wire some flats the builder had the cable already------ ALL GREEN/YELLOW!!!!!!!!!!!

So how will this builder get the boliten without clearly marked cabling. Regs are in place in my area and tend to be adhered to
what a load of B-----KS like i posted on another thread they do what they want, i was asked to wire some flats the builder had the cable already------ ALL GREEN/YELLOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Not in Menorca they dont. Builders wont touch wiring, and the only and the only Sparks doing what they want are the ones due to retire.
The Industria here is s..t hot and can inspect work without notice. Anything requiring a supply greater than 5,7Kw has to have all paperwork done and registered with the industria to get a Puesta en servicio cert which then has to registerd with Endesa

Spain now follows the EU standard colours, so that was the fault of the builder. I hope you corrected him. It would be exceedingly dangerous to wire up a building with all g/y cable, and you should not be able to get an installation cert (boliten) for it.

Last edited:
WELL!! the g/y builder has a mate who does the boletin, Gaspar the local (spark??) has a tiny multi-meter from the todo shop,doesn´t have lock-up , 3 phase into a villa (incomers in black!! no phase colours!! NO BLANKS!!!!!!!! polarity ERR!! WOTS THAT!!! and on one install he by- passed the trip cos he had a fault) i only found that after the people kept getting tingles off the taps!! (i noticed that the wiring in the cu was to neat for a dado (he hid the by-pass!!) any way good luck to the chap that wants to come to Almeria cos you will need it!! work is about NIL, renting a house no problem, nearly everyone has gone back!!! (and, PS, dont you lot in spain here get annoyed if i differ cos this is the A---HOLE of spain!!!!!!!!)

I have worked in Son Vida Mallorca and the wiring has all colours.
Best I witnessed was the washing down of the walls outside the front door.....(with a hose pipe)
socket outlet and switches all got washed (drowned).

whad ya mean ALL COLOURS, a bit of grey,a bit of brown,must be some black,did it trip the place? done a small job yesterday (on a pump,many houses in this area have depositos!) three cables,--------- the brown WAS earth!!! and two G/Ys L /N we might knock our trade in the uk,(with chancers ETC) BUT it has the best system in the world!!!!!!!!!

Back a beyond or what! Had an inspection (industria) yesterday removed all my sockets and checked the UV tracer in the tox free cable also double checked my trip results half, X1, X5 then sat and waited 40 mins to see if the EL's kept on.

J.C !! these lot around here would not understand these technical terms! honestly, when i go to a job that needs some extras i first use the old NEON srewdriver!! you never know if they are switching neutrals or feeds and when you come to a double skt,--------- it can be anybodys guess where the feed is in the next box!! (these are NOT DIY installations) these are the (SPARKS?????)that hand the boletin in!!

Dont think i'd be using the old neon screwdriver except as a bradawl Nasty things! not to mention dangerous
J.C !! these lot around here would not understand these technical terms! honestly, when i go to a job that needs some extras i first use the old NEON srewdriver!! you never know if they are switching neutrals or feeds and when you come to a double skt,--------- it can be anybodys guess where the feed is in the next box!! (these are NOT DIY installations) these are the (SPARKS?????)that hand the boletin in!!

no!! they are the dogs boll--ks!! get the probe and EVERTHING lights up, must admit never thought i would ever use the old neon tester again,but around this way many installations (if that is what you can call them) have bad earth connections, nothing goes straight to the board (in this area) lots of boxes with connectors (is it the same where you are?)

Reply to Spanish Wiring Regulations in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock