Discuss Spur off 32a house socket form garage for 20a supply. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

This is the post I challenged, quoted below in its full glorious brevity.

You clearly feel it was an appropriate response to the OP's question or, more specifically, his later clarification.

I'm of a different opinion and no amount of arguing or attempting to change the facts is going to change that.

Feel free to continuing this argument as a solo endeavour as I've nothing more to add in response to you original comment, subsequent attempts at justifcation of it or defelction in various directions from it.

I've stated my case quite clearly. Several times.
Can you explain why he can't extend the ring to achieve what he wants to do ?

Last edited:
Leaving to one side any argument over how 'permanently connected equipment' should be defined, as I feel we're going to be of differing opinion on that, your post actually undermines the point you've been trying to defend.

You gave the nod to a "16A or 20A supply" which is at odds with what you've quoted above.
No, not at all, if he wants more than 16 then extend the ring.

Either way, my response was correct.

Can you explain why he can't extend the ring to achieve what he wants to do ?

If you can't then my response to the Op is correct.

There's no reason that I know of why it couldn't be done, but it wasn't part of the proposal to which you initially responded and to which i felt the need to post a challenge.

No, not at all, if he wants more than 16 then extend the ring.

Either way, my response was correct.

Sure thing, bud :thumbsup:

I'm done responding to spurious justifications in defence of a careless comment.

Reply to Spur off 32a house socket form garage for 20a supply. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

DIYer question. I have a 32 amp supply going from consumer unit in garage to kitchen. It supplies an induction hob only. The cable is easily...
Replies
Views
Hi I've got a job that i've been asked to quote for and i'm struggling with how to do it the best way. It's a summerhouse and the customer only...
Replies
Views
This is a question with probably so many answers and solutions, but I wondered how people would do it. I have a clients house which already has...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm no Electrician, but I think I have a understanding of the basics. Few years ago We had our Garage supplied with power by and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock