Discuss Stroma Assessment - Speedy and Proper in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hi all I've been reading a few posts about stroma I can only speak of my expereance so here goes
After carefull deliberation I chose stroma (£288 might have had something to do with it)
I called stroma last week Tuesday and spoke to Stacey who explained the procedure I filled out an on line application form and paid the £288 and they sent me all the paper work they needed which I emailed back to them with a bug shot of me to my surprise I got a call with an assessment date of last Friday (squeaky bum time) I was a bit nervous to be honest I met the assesser and straight away he put be at ease really nice man to be fair pat was his name
Opened meeting went through all my qualifications public liability pi risk assessment helth & safety part p you get the picture then about 30-40 mins of questions everything from earth paths to how to test a ring main nothing any competent sparks couldn't answer and you can always use osg or regs book all the time telling me to take my time and putting me at ease that bit over we went to test my two new circuits a ring main and a light circuit l had to show safe isolation ze pfc pfcc zs and an rcd test
All ok he said I'd passed congratulated me and closed the meeting like I said always put my mind at ease I have to say it was more thorougher than elesca and all within two weeks
So all in all my experience is a good one I did ask him if any fail to my surprise quite a few do around 25% hope this helps scott.

Hi - sounds like an appropriately thorough assessment and a good rapid response. I'm with them too. I didn't get Pat and while the testing was as you found, I reckon I got 420 questions afterwards. Including my favourite "on site, when things are delivered, where do you put them?" (I remained polite ...). He did ping me for not having a written down complaints policy. Got one now though :) .

People say the NIC one is just a "paid your fee, okay welcome aboard" job, but I had mine in the summer and I have to say it was just as thorough. In fact, on my RFC testing I had to do the full 3-step RFC test procedure for him as well as the other tests.

Yes mine was extremely througher I think all the questions are to weed out all non competent persons like I asked 25% fail and have to pay re assessment fee personally how many jobs have all of us been to and said what the f##k have they done here
But wether it be nic stroma or whoever it all boils down to money not how competent you are thanks scott.

Reply to Stroma Assessment - Speedy and Proper in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock