Stroma Certification Scheme Stroma want a CV?

Discuss Stroma want a CV? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

N

Nicebloke

I called stroma and they were fine with me joining their scheme with my experience and were helpful. I however, received a list of things I need to send them and all was as expected, except for a CV. I never had to supply a CV when I was a member of NICEIC and haven't even got a CV and have no desire to write one.

Does anyone know why they would require a CV because I am not applying to work for them?

Probably to see what kind of Electrical experience you have. Why are you reluctant to supply a CV? I have one and I have been retired for 3 years, not rocket science, plenty of blank CV templates on the net, or have you something to hide? :):p:oops::rolleyes:

Before I joined Stroma they sent me a list of requirements which included:

· A CV listing 2 years + experience

All I said was that I had been with Elecsa for 5 years!

The technical competency framework for competent persons schemes states you have to have two years relevant experience they are just doing what everyone else should be!

I am more than happy to provide a written summary of my experience which I told them I had when I called them, which is different to providing a CV.

It is naive to believe that if someone had something to hide that would prevent them from submitting a CV.

I haven't ever been a plumber and I don't have anything to hide because I'm an all round Nicebloke.

I am more than happy to provide a written summary of my experience which I told them I had when I called them, which is different to providing a CV.

It is naive to believe that if someone had something to hide that would prevent them from submitting a CV.

I haven't ever been a plumber and I don't have anything to hide because I'm an all round Nicebloke.
Well send em a CV then

Just put your name an address on a word document and give a time period of more than 2 years to show you've been a spark....... that should get a tick in their "box"!

I was registered with the NICEIC for 2 years so that will do.

I am not retired and have better things to do with my days than writing a lot of nonsense and calling it a CV.

Don't join if you feel that strongly about it, bloody liberty if you ask me for someone who is supposed to be checking and ensuring competence to actually do it!:)

I was registered with the NICEIC for 2 years so that will do.

I am not retired and have better things to do with my days than writing a lot of nonsense and calling it a CV.
Can't see creating a decent CV as a lot of nonsense, most intelligent people have one, makes good sense for when someone asks for one

Most intelligent people probably would do a CV if they were applying for a job, but I am not applying for a job.
I applied and was asked for the same thing ... I think they heard my sharp intake of breath ... and helpfully said "we aren't English teachers, it's just something we put on file". So I wrote a page (dot points) of relevant stuff and emailed it to them. Never heard a word back, thankfully.

Reply to Stroma want a CV? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock