Currently reading:
Supply fuse - quote to change.

Discuss Supply fuse - quote to change. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

1Justin

-
Arms
Reaction score
My customer needs bigger than 60A supply. Currently BS1361 60A. 4 bedroom house, 4 kids, new circuits..

Before I started in the place it came up at 72A (with diversity), and after my 2 new circuits I am 79A (with diversity). PME, nice condition, modern supply cable, Ze 0.27 so should be able to take 80A fuse).

Given the additions, however I look at it and use diversity I need 80A.

Since I'll be inspected on this job (Mr NICEIC etc), I am sure this needs to be shown to be all ticked off OK. The quote from SSE is £131.42+VAT to upgrade the fuse. Surely all they are likely to do is confirm Ze, check the supply cable and earthing conductor, and change the fuse. (modern cable and 16mm main earthing conductor).

Is this a typical quote? I haven't told the customer yet but he's not going to like it given that in his eyes he gets nothing for it.

Is someone here now going to tell me that they just change the fuse anyway without informing DNO? DNO never seem know what the fuse rating is anyhow when I've asked them before.

Justin

Hi Diilb. Sorry yes I've read the lot, and I wholeheartedly agree. Perhaps I wasn't being obvious there.

Point I was just making is if it were still free, then I'd have got it done. As it turns out I'll write a note on the EIC as a recommendation, and leave it at that.

Thanks for all the comments.

i tested a bungalow on tuesday as was all upgraded and they division of circuits was at its best and my diversity came out at 170A @ multyplying by .4. but look there was 4 sockets on kitchen ring , the bell had its own 6A all aplliances at its own 16A .. never gonna pull that. nearly 16 circuits and best of all the ze was 213 ohms added another rd and got it down to 160 ohms

With a hook up form the stair lighting in the close . :)

Jamie
The wee gas torch they carry in their van
I was doing a C.U. change in the middle of nowhere n the guy asked if I wanted a coffee Said to him give me 5 mins Ill stich my temp board on ( haddnt bothered with it at start) he said s ok n fired up wee gas stove then said If we run out of gas we can fire the genny up 1 double socket in kitchen marked up "SUPPLIED FROM GENNY" it was the behind the middle of nowhere along the road from the BackOf Beyond so they were use to power cuts

When I was cable jointing, the compound bucket would get shoved to one side when it was brew time / breakfast time / diner time. Well any time really.
We could be miles from anywhere in the middle of a field, I could guarantee our foreman would show up when the frying pan went on.

Reply to Supply fuse - quote to change. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back