Discuss system for underfloor heating control in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bazl30

has any one any sugestions of a possible controll system for underfloor heating that will monitor and log a range of info including the electrical consumption of the equipment, the oil consumption of the u/f heating and the internal and external temperatures?

i am a student technician working for a company within the college im studying at and they conduct research and small projects for companys that want to develop ideas.

my boss has kinda threw me in at the deep end and just gave me a few diagrams to go on!!

the company want the system set up that i develop to be tested in several ways including tests against the heatmiser thermostats..

there is not one unit that will do all the things you want, you need several units.
To control your underfloor you could use Trend others are available.
to monitor power you need an electric meter if you get one with a volt free pulse, this can be wired into the trend
you can wire an outside air temp sensor, room temp sensor, boiler flow and return sensor into the Trend, you can bring up logs and graphs for these.
If your talking about heat power used you can get a heat meter that has it's own temperature sensors that wire into the flow and return and the unit itself fits into the flow or return pipework
All of the above is not cheap

thanks thepurple1, i will find out more on the project in the new year and i will add to the post then...hopefully you can help me out again!

cheers,

thepurple1, i have done some research on different parts that i would need to use for the tests i need to carry out but now i need to do an energy loss assessment to find out heat thats lost through walls and into the ground...

is there any particular order i would need to place the parts on the system so that i can take measurements?

bazl30, I am unable to answer your last question as this is something that we don't get involved with. I would have thought you need to know U values of what your walls and floors are made of and the u values of any insulation used to work out heat loss. All this is normally done by building engineers or consultants

Reply to system for underfloor heating control in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net