Discuss To NICEIC or not to NICEIC. in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

bigal

Is it just me or are the NICEIC failing on so many counts that hey are now becoming proud owners of the label 'badly run business that just wants to monopolise and ripp you off'.
Their latest software project is clinching it for me. Only able to use it if you run the system independant of all other kit. i.e. I already run a package from Tappit it allows me to print certs on blank sheets.
Oh no. Can't do that anymore. NICEIC won't give them permission.
Package from NICEIC has only just gone on sale (more expensive than any other) days before implement of 17th. You have to pay for subscription and no doubt upgrades. And judging by recent performances with their 'tool box' offer will probably be badly organized, not work properly and difficult to use.
In my estimation since the stopped being a charity they stopped being credible. They were, to my naive mind, slow to react but held the banner for what was 'proper' about the industry. A Rolls Royce institution. Not any more.
My last contact on the forum was due to mis-information they fed me about RCD's. (I know I should have known better).
So, my question to you all is what to do? I am an enrolled contractor, I work for local authorities (or at least building contractors who do) and they seem to need the NICEIC logo on their tenders. Anybody else experiencing this selective elitism? Suggestions please.

I'm in napit and have no complaints at all....nic is a rip off over charged and they are stuck up their own bottoms...
Go with napit full scope and it's the same and napit are ever growing and becoming more known.

agreed i am awaiting my inspection to join napit and i have to say i am well impressed i have had experience of nic through an old firm and the whole attitude seems far nicer and far more on our side

a big plus for me is the fact that i can go full scope and not restrict my work or get myself ripped off by the monopoly men

i also believe it is illegal for people to specify nic or to just allow nic or something

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i am in a situation were i have been told by my contractor working on behalf of local authorities i have to be niceic reg... so i am stuck with a ltd choice its either nic or my other fav the nic

it seems to me that local goverment aren't getting the message that other,better more able registration bodies are available
unfortunately this a problem that napit /elecsa need to sort .This nic only attitude is costing them and probably the local authority

Didnt bill gates get a massive fine for cornering the market?????? surely the nic as some one metioned above are just monopolising in the same way??? stupidly unfair and we are the ones that have to pay the price.

Thanks for the input, but it looks like I'll have to calm down and continue with the NICEIC boys, despite their misgivings. However, I am getting very disillusioned with the whole industry at the moment.
I'm thinking of going back to college and doing some training to get involved with teaching or maybe design or even field engineer for one of the regulatory bodies. Maybe someone from the world of work can be of benefit to the world of business and regulation. Trying to do something about it has got to be better than always moaning about it.
bigal

Reply to To NICEIC or not to NICEIC. in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock