Discuss Tool for cutter the steel wire of SWA cable in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I won't hold my breath for you to thank me for the education I gave you about Maggie, but that's the kind of guy I am.:smilewinkgrin:
I forgot my manners, sorry Specs. I thank you for attempting to brainwash me into accepting the right wing propaganda concerning the late Mrs T and perhaps I should apologise for not swallowing it because I know the truth.
How's that bonny lad?
We mates again?
:)

I forgot my manners, sorry Specs. I thank you for attempting to brainwash me into accepting the right wing propaganda concerning the late Mrs T and perhaps I should apologise for not swallowing it because I know the truth.
How's that bonny lad?
We mates again?
:)
Trev, I'm guessing that is the best I will ever get from you re Mrs T, so yes , we are mates again :angel_smile:

I have been using the blade runner tool for five years now on Swa and find it a lot easier than a hacksaw. Most wholesalers can get them for 20 quid

They have those 'bladerunners' for cutting and stripping SWA but most reports I've heard on them is that they're Sh*t..I tend to use a Hacksaw but sometimes used an adjustable Pipe cutter/ringing tool for it...does the job luvvly :)

Bladerunners are great! Their downside is that they only do up to 35mm 4 core but then any higher and that's what a grinder is for!

This was a lil 16mm submain I was running the other day, stripped and ready for glanding in about 60 seconds using a blade runner. I defy anyone who tells me that they can do a job as neat as this (cutting wise) with a hacksaw!!!

IMG-20130313-00656.jpgIMG-20130313-00660.jpg

Slightly misleading photo, it is cut to the same length so it sits perfectly flush to the gland. Looks crap IMHO when you've got an inch of sheath showing past the gland.

Nice job......I hope it paves the way for others to follow

I was only endorsing the bladerunner but thanks bud :) If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing properly IMHO.

The amount of chewed up SWA and crappy glanding I find on a daily basis makes me want to cry sometimes! It beggars belief how some people can make such a hash of something so simple!

from Tender Loving Care and yes, they do the sheath too.. stop turning the tool when the sheaths done, then move it along to do the armoured wire, move it along again to do the inner etc etc. until you've cut thru the cores- then start again!!

i find i now need to use a hacksaw as my teeth are getting blunt from years of using them on SWA. :74:

Reply to Tool for cutter the steel wire of SWA cable in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net