Discuss tool repair advice for a battery charger in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have a mapole 12/24v battery charger 2014 model approx.it will not charge it switches on and lights up the transformer is buzzing but no life at the 12/24v have cleaned all connections I removed the rectifier so how do I test it or just buy a new one thanks petekay

Attachments

• 20220126_222702.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220126_223205.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220126_223243.jpg
    370.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220126_222636.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 6
Buy or borrow a cheap multimeter (at least AC volts, DC volts, ohms, DC amps).
Do the fault finding things:-
Check AC volts out of transformer (is it buzzing like it always did, or has it started buzzing since the fault?)
Check resistance of rectifier diodes in each direction (low ohms one way, infinity the other)
Prod around to find volts. make sure switches are conducting when they are on!
Might need to sketch the circuit to make sense of what you find.
Etc.

Reply to tool repair advice for a battery charger in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I have been looking for a hilti Ca 7/36 battery adapter or a TCU 22H 120v charger or a TCU 12/24M 120v charger. Without one of the above I am...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. The owner of the business I work for along with myself have created a DIY inverter setup that is giving us some issues. We bought...
Replies
Views
I have a loading arm on a vehicle powered by a hydraulic motor powered by a 12 volt motor. The motor is initiated by proximity switches on the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m after some advice for an existing car charger that’s on one of our newly inherited sites. We have a Rolec 2x 7.2kw pedestal charger, just...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a EV charger that is reporting over voltage and is unable to charge. the charger will operate up to 253V The solar inverter reports...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock