Discuss tradesman saver PLI in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

A

amckay

Anybody with these?
I have been for two years and recently called to change policy cover to include 3 phase. Woman on the other end didn't understand the difference so I explained and she held me on hold while she spoke to the underwriters. When she got back to me she said as long as you are qualified then its included!! I pay £65 a year for £2Million pli cover! I couldn't believe it as most sparks I know pay well over £200 for 3 phase! I have asked for it in writing just to cover my posterior in case I ever (hopefully not) need it.

This is always the bet with insurance, you are betting something goes wrong they are betting nothing goes wrong!
However either way the insurers are making money.
So long as you do not have an exclusion in the small print then you are good to go.
I think I pay similar amounts for £2m PL insurance inc 3ph.

Its daft. They say they provide tradesman insurance and will cover me for installing fire alarm systems but won't cover me to test or service them! What's the point in providing a partial service? I mean from a business point of view surely it makes more sense and profit to offer your clients a comprehensive service. Scandalous!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to tradesman saver PLI in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock