Search the forum,

Discuss TT on DB number 2 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ross1

-
Reaction score
Evening guys, I've got 2 basement rooms that are being supplied from their own cu which is fed from a 32A MCB in a split load rcd board in the house which is a TT installation. The cu in the basement is relying on the CPC in the 6mm supply cable to the basement cu as its main earthing conductor. The cu in basement has a lighting and socket circuit. With no rcd protection but is rcd protected back in the house cu.Do I need to install a rod for the basement cu and does it need rcd protection?Thanks

if the 32A breaker feeding it is RCD protected, no need to fit another one. as for a second rod, you can fit 1 if you want. it may bring the overall Ze down.

Last edited:
Thanks Telectrix, I've got to knock a deeper rod in for the main cu ( getting a reading of 225 Ohms ) So the 2,5mm CPC in the supply cable to basement cu is acceptable to act as the main earthing conductor for the basement cu?

to determine that, you would have to know the Ze and PEFC. then apply the adiabatic equation. generally for a TT system, 2.5mm is adequate, unless you can bring your Ze down low. say you got your Ze down to 23ohms, that would give you a pefc of 10A, for which 2.5mm is adequate .

Last edited:

Reply to TT on DB number 2 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock