Discuss Using bulb converters/adapters with Philips Hue bulbs but struggling. in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
My wife and I bought some Philips hue bulbs for our ceiling lights. They are E27 screw fit bulbs but our lamp holders are gx24q-1 so we bought some converters or adapters so we could use the E27 hue bulbs. I’ve plugged them in though and the bulbs don’t seem to work. Any advice? Do you think I have the wrong adapters? Or do you think they’re faulty? Or do you think I’d be better off getting an electrician to change the lamp holders from gx24q-1 to E27?

I’m looking for the most effective and also most cost efficient solution. Thanks in advice for your advice.

(Tried adding pictures but it wouldn’t let me)

I thought the gx24q bulb holders were exclusively for fluorescent lamps. A luminaire I once owned with this holder had fluorescent control gear inside - starter and choke etc. You may need to change your lamp holders if there is such control gear within your fittings. Are you able to safely look inside/behind the fitting to see if there are components as well as the wiring - if so, they may be the source of your problem.

Reply to Using bulb converters/adapters with Philips Hue bulbs but struggling. in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Recently moved into a new home and replaced the main light fitting in the sitting room. We replaced it with this dimmable LED fitting: ENDON...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am wondering if this is allowed, I dont have a big need to do such a thing, just would like to know how it would stand up with the law...
Replies
Views
Only recently become aware of Philips Hue lighting (don't do much domestic nowadays), after it was mentioned in another post on this forum. It...
Replies
Views
We are steadily replacing old incadescent, CFL and halogen bulbs in our house with LED bulbs. They tend to be the 2700k for the warm colour. We...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock