Discuss Veritas R8 keypad unresponsive after power cut in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Deleted member 124734

Hi, could somebody please give me some advice?
I have a Texecom Veritas R8 alarm. I recently turned off the power for some DIY work, and the external alarm rang until the power turned back on.
I’m aware that this is an issue with the battery, however the alarm usually works fine when power is on.
But, as soon as I turned on the power, the alarm simply rang louder. I tried putting in my PIN, which did nothing; so I tried the default 4321 PIN, which also did nothing, so I tried clicking RESET, which did nothing.
Eventually, the alarm stopped sounding, however, now, the keypad is unresponsive. When I enter the exit zone and the motion sensor goes off, the alarm keypad starts beeping and the Unset button flashes green, until the motion sensor goes off again and this stops.
When I try entering my PIN, a long, deep tone sounds (different than normal) and nothing else happens.
Any idea what I can do to fix this?
View attachment trim.CB122513-4E49-433C-8AF1-218DF3F53441.MOV

TL;DR
Alarm will not set after power cut. Keypad beeps when I enter the exit zone. Unresponsive.
might need resetting to factory default. not sure but i think you power down, then power up with the cover off and press the tamper spring in 3 times. then the default code should work. you may then need to re=programme the zones.
[automerge]1576346509[/automerge]
might find an answer here:

Try new battery first cause I've done a couple that won't respond until new battery fitted,
If not as above do factory reset can view or download manual for r8 on website,
If old model then instructions have changed so don't know what's changed but I've got new and old model instructions somewhere if you get stuck

Reply to Veritas R8 keypad unresponsive after power cut in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net