Discuss VR - sets in the Gaming Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Darkwood

Staff member
Mod
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
So thinking of getting the Sony VR kit for my PS4, from what I have heard it's a game changer for the way your feel immersed in your gaming to the extent its scares the hell out of you, so anyone else thinking of getting one or has and can give us some feedback?

Picked one up a few days ago along with the move controller and It certainly puts a new prospect on games! Came with a demo disk which included a driving game, where your actually in the car and can look around as if in real life! Even when taking tight bends you can feel the effect on your body as it fools the brain into thinking your cornering at 70mph!

Another demo has you in a diving cage being lowered down into the sea. You have 360 degree movement to look all around you at the fish and what ever else is down there!

From what I understand from Game/Amazon stocks are not expected until late November. I was lucky and bought mine during a re-stock after pre-order sales sold out.

Had a go of one at my cousins over Xmas. I had a go of a game where you're in a van with your cockney gangster mate. Then people in other vans and on motorbikes start shooting at you and you shoot back while frantically trying to reload your Uzi with clips. At some point I hit my hand on his dresser as I completely forgot about the real physical world around me.

I almost saw my sister fall over through vertigo as she went down Batman's lift to the Batcave too. We're going to need padded rooms in the future to make playing VR safe! :eek:

A mate of mine bought one for the PS4 before Christmas. The PSVR specific one at around £500 !!
Vertigo and motion sickness ensued so he had to sell it. I think that's down to the person though, I personally was never able to look at the "revolutionary" 3D TVs of a few years back without getting physical nausea within minutes.

The motoin sickness is sometimes just an initial issue for some and there heads get used to it given time but some are wired that way hence they struggle to even take long car journeys without medication.
PSVR is about £330 though and only about 500 if you don't already have the camera and hand held sticks.

The motoin sickness is sometimes just an initial issue for some and there heads get used to it given time but some are wired that way hence they struggle to even take long car journeys without medication.
PSVR is about £330 though and only about 500 if you don't already have the camera and hand held sticks.

I think it was the PSVR and camera kit... and my mistake, £500 is what he sold it on ebay for.

He is a lot worse than me with the motion sickness thing, he can't play any first person game for much longer than 30 minutes, on any type of screen too.

Reply to VR - sets in the Gaming Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock