Currently reading:
whats the difference

Discuss whats the difference in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi all,

can anyone tell me the difference between the city & guilds courses 2391-10 and 2392-10
is one course a precursor to the other course,what will these courses be able to let you do
in reletion to partp and self cetification. i am a spark looking to improve my testing and inspection proceedures to enable getting on one of the competent persons scheme.

many thanks

2391 is 2 1/2 hour written exam, and 2392 is a multiple choice exam.

The reality is, that if you just want to get some further experience with I&T then do the 2392...however, NAPIT require you to have 2391 within 12 months of joining, the others don't require you to have any I&T qualification.

Yooj

the college i did my 2391 at didnt show us any kind of test kit until the exam. we were expected to already have a knowlege of its usequite a big drop out rate. if you are a bit new to this area you do need to put in a few extra hours study as theres a lot of info to take on

the 2392 is closed book 50 questions followed by a practical exam in front of the tutor,be warned its no piece of cake.i would advise get the relevent books and spend a couple of weeks on them before doing the course.

2392 is an introductory course to Inspection and testing for persons who have little experience in Inspection and testing. It covers Inspection, Testing and Initial verification on new installations only.It also covers the different types of certification(related to new installations) and correct completion of certs. EIC's and Minor Works.

2391 is the follow on course that covers Inspection and Testing on existing installations and PIR's, (and also Inital Verification of new installs).

I think 2392 was introduced as a result of the high failure rate of the 2391, as a lot of candidates had little or no testing experience.

Last edited:

Reply to whats the difference in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back