Discuss Where can I get some of these? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Chaps

Been googling away but can't find what I'm looking for :-(
I'm hoping someone could advise please, ideally online somewhere?

I've eventually run out of my supply of P-clip/ loops 'not too sure of the technical name.'
(should be a jpeg attached. hopefully it worked)

My local wholesaler doesn't stock theses any more.

Can find them but not the sizes I have, can only find smaller.

Large one 50mm diameter
Small one 30mm diameter

Cheers Sy

Where can I get some of these? P cli - EletriciansForums.net

What do you use them for ? and does it not have any info on clips or box/bag they come in.

Thanks Chaps... it's the 50mm one I'm really struggling with. Did try cable craft but too small and the other rubber ones are too expensive, need to buy in bag of x50 or x100.

Don't have the bag they came in unfortunately, use them for supporting cables when we have a quite a few running together e.g. main route back to CU (this is for domestic use.)

Very posh..:grinning: Would do if was on show, this is for a quick an easy above ceiling out of sight type of thing

Is that necessary ? I thought the fabric of the building supporting a cable negated the need for other non combustible cable supports ?

Is that necessary ? I thought the fabric of the building supporting a cable negated the need for other non combustible cable supports ?

Sorry Andy I'll take that back... no offence meant ! Still getting used of the new reg (521.11.201) all round band could be an option then.

Sorry Andy I'll take that back... no offence meant ! Still getting used of the new reg (521.11.201) all round band could be an option then.

I didn't mean that the comment was unnecessary, the metal clips ! lol

What I meant was that metal supports required by 521.11.201 are not required when the cables are supported by the non combustible plasterboard.

At least that's my understanding of it. I might be wrong.

Ah I'm with you now....Only time I've only used metal supports so far was when we wired a communal stairway in PVC mini trunking (which was a bit of a pain really.)

I think Andy78 is correct in the thought that in a domestic installation cables above a non combustable plasterboard ceiling would not need metal fixings but it is your design and there is nothing wrong with it however as been pointed out you can acheive the same by using banding it it more economically priced and readily available from all good wholesalers

Reply to Where can I get some of these? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock