Discuss Where can i source this socket from ?? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

bilabonic

Hi

Have a project in mind and it has to be this kind of socket, it's basically a 110v yellow plug but us style, need to buy a lot in bulk and the only place seen one is on Ebay for over £10 and not paying that. Cannot seem to source them from US for some reason ?

Anyone help, pic below.

Where can i source this socket from ?? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Cheers

Might sound silly but will a Britsh standard 110V plug not do the same job for you?

If it will then you could possibly strike up a deal with a local electrical wholesaler?

I am not sure what your project is, but remember that the US work on a different frequency to us in the UK, and maybe something to consider?

US 60HZ
UK 50HZ

Hi

Have a project in mind and it has to be this kind of socket, it's basically a 110v yellow plug but us style, need to buy a lot in bulk and the only place seen one is on Ebay for over £10 and not paying that. Cannot seem to source them from US for some reason ?

Anyone help, pic below.

Where can i source this socket from ?? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Cheers

Don't forget that besides the sockets you will need the plugs as well so it will cost you a fortune.

Why not use UK type as Warren say's.

Thanks for reply guys, i have plenty of euro/uk style 110v sockets.

The reason i require these is that i intend to supply leads with a uk style 110v plug and this socket on other end. This is because it will be supplying a 110v US item (am aware of differing freq) from a 240/110v transformer.

By using this lead it will stop me removing the moulded us style plug on the item and thus keeping the warranty valid.

It will also make me a few quid extra if i can source them at a decent price:D

Cheers for replys

The reason i require these is that i intend to supply leads with a uk style 110v plug and this socket on other end. This is because it will be supplying a 110v US item (am aware of differing freq) from a 240/110v transformer.

By using this lead it will stop me removing the moulded us style plug on the item and thus keeping the warranty valid.

Cheers for replys

Hi Bilabonic

I can understand what you are saying, but if the US item that you that you are looking to keep the warranty valid for runs at 60Hz and you are looking to supply the item in the UK at 50Hz this will cause you a problem unless the item has the ability i.e. a tolerance to run between 50Hz - 60Hz Frequency?

The reason I mention this is that the warranty you are looking to keep valid may not cover the item being run at a 50Hz Frequency, thus making it none void?

Warren

Cheers for replys

What is the equipment you are actually using on the other end?

Where on a plug does it state 'frequency'..can I have a 13amp 50htz plug please?
Get out of here you plumber -;)

Last edited by a moderator:
How many do you need? I can just ship some over to you. They cost between 3 and 6 dollars, depending on how nice of one you want. The exact one in your picture is right at 5 dollars. Let me know if I can help.

oops soz matey, but anyhow don't forget the wire colors are different also in the US
That could make a difference regards eddy's floating around. -;)

Reply to Where can i source this socket from ?? in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock