Discuss Who Are You Registered With? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Im with NICEIC just giving it a while trial and see how it pans out but at mo no problems and the NICEIC sticker does look good on the jetsons family car !
Regards
Kung.

For me it was quiet important, that I could do everything in a future (PIR&Commercial&Industrial), so finally I chose NAPIT. And will see in a future, how big disadvantage is this. But later I could change easily to NIC, because I will have finished works, 1 year company history, etc.. (these things are difficult for a startup Co.) But I hope (KNOW!:)), it won't be neccessary..

Best regards,
T0M4

Hi
I am with Napit and for me i can sign the red sheets for part p, commercial and industrial but we all know the state of the Country, i said to my wife if this does not work and the Country does not pick up after the next election then we will move to Canada, i spoke to the Embassy last year and its not difficult just meens another exam and you pay the Embassy and then set you up in small flat and find you a job. Lets just home this Government is gone very soon and the Irish say NO, NO, NO in 9 days.:D

Thanks

Mark

Every customer who has heard of a registration scheme (And there aren't many of those!), has asked me whether or not I'm "With that NIC EIC?"
It seems they're the only organisation people have actually heard of, so it was the logical choice for me.

I know its been said, but I also found Elecsa the easiest and most aproachable to deal with.

The assesor puts you at ease, despite being thorough and the website is a doddle. (Even for me!)

CBW

I'm registered with the niceic approved contractor and im sick of none registered people i personal think its time that the industry as a whole had just one registration scheme such as the gas safe register none of my customer know what part P is and only a some know of the niceic our industry is a disgrace and why can you buy fuse boards and gas boilers from the likes of B&Q when your not supposed to be fitting them ??

Hi All

The NICEIC has two schemes the Approved Contractor and the Domestic Installer.

The AC scheme has a registration fee of £430 + VAT. Once you are on the Roll its £370 + VAT for a half day visit, if you carry out a lot of work or do PIR's then there is a further half day visit at £290 + VAT. For the first year the £370 is based on the financial year so if you join half way through the year you only pay half.

The DIS has no registration fee. The fees are £370 + VAT. This is not based on the financial year but from the day you register to join.

The fees include the visit, there are no hidden charges.

The NICEIC are holding a series of Tech Talks all around the country, and will be at all ELEX Tool Fairs, you can register at these events and the fees are greatly reduced.
Regards

Tony

I attended the Elex at the Ricoh. Rarely have I heard such total drivel from so many people in positions of "trust". It almost made me ashamed to call myself a spark. Many seem to be bolstering their "careers" within the schemes by avoiding the issues that we would all like to see addressed. My interest lies in what the "robots" WON`T say, and what they deny knowledge of..........

Hi All

The NICEIC has two schemes the Approved Contractor and the Domestic Installer.

The AC scheme has a registration fee of £430 + VAT. Once you are on the Roll its £370 + VAT for a half day visit, if you carry out a lot of work or do PIR's then there is a further half day visit at £290 + VAT. For the first year the £370 is based on the financial year so if you join half way through the year you only pay half.

The DIS has no registration fee. The fees are £370 + VAT. This is not based on the financial year but from the day you register to join.

The fees include the visit, there are no hidden charges.

The NICEIC are holding a series of Tech Talks all around the country, and will be at all ELEX Tool Fairs, you can register at these events and the fees are greatly reduced.
Regards

Tony

If you are the Tony cable ,then you and your organisation share a lot of the responsibility for the demise and respect of traditional standards of competence for people who could be classed as electricians

You run a system that portrays itself as the guardian of electricial standards,but does,in fact promote unskilled personel doing works/PIRs etc that makes ridicule of the ignorance of the public and buisness world alike
When will your organisation have the decency and honesty to admit these facts and get rid of the criminal QS system?

Hi all,
Not posted much around here, but I dod find the forums useful. I'm registered with ELECSA who I have found to be very helpful and who made the assessment a better process than it could have been.
I met an NICEIC assessor in my previous employment and didn't like the approach at all. I've worked for ECA firms most of my working life, and ELECSA, being an offshoot of the ECA seemed an obvious choice when I went freelance.

I'm with ELECSA, never had a problem with them. Same inspector for the past three years, he's great. Technical friendly and helpful. Website easy enough to use.

I am Registered with the NICEIC but had full accreditation before 2005 saw it coming and joined early, scary but ok in the end, as not that hard if your a normal honest spark who cares about your customers and doing it right.:) Domestic installer reg was automatic,( if already doing it) to existing members as we already tested our installations to BS7671
I am just pleased its cut out a lot of the cowboys, any one who does not join a scheme can only be viewed as not competent to do so by normal Electricians:p

Have been around for awhile and seen more bad workmanship by poorly regulated imitation sparks than most, I have noticed a marked improvement in works carried out since Part P. Far less Kitchen Fitters, Plumbers, Builders,chancers, etc not registered all able to install a light or socket or more and make it work, bad enough to cause injury and or death to their customers, some are still out there and are still doing it. any Decent spark who is fully qualified would be registered or notifying his work job by job with building Control the rest,well I havent changed my opinion they are still with the builders
The NICEIC are Good I joined them as a one man band the first time in the 80s left during recession in 91and joined again this century both times their engineers were very helpful throughout my assessments. Both times I had limited works to show them, the second time no Domestic works at all, but commercial workshop and offices with a small kitchen.
It should be said that the NICEIC were put under a lot of stress to accommodate a vast amount of new applicants over a very short space of time I think that they have and still are doing a good job for us as Sparks and for our industry and the public to. They are by far the number one with more registrations, also known by most people who still look for their Logo. We as a Company are very busy, touch wood, are you
or should you be NICEIC registered:)

Have been around for awhile and seen more bad workmanship by poorly regulated imitation sparks than most, I have noticed a marked improvement in works carried out since Part P. Far less Kitchen Fitters, Plumbers, Builders,chancers, etc not registered all able to install a light or socket or more and make it work, bad enough to cause injury and or death to their customers, some are still out there and are still doing it. any Decent spark who is fully qualified would be registered or notifying his work job by job with building Control the rest,well I havent changed my opinion they are still with the builders
The NICEIC are Good I joined them as a one man band the first time in the 80s left during recession in 91and joined again this century both times their engineers were very helpful throughout my assessments. Both times I had limited works to show them, the second time no Domestic works at all, but commercial workshop and offices with a small kitchen.
It should be said that the NICEIC were put under a lot of stress to accommodate a vast amount of new applicants over a very short space of time I think that they have and still are doing a good job for us as Sparks and for our industry and the public to. They are by far the number one with more registrations, also known by most people who still look for their Logo. We as a Company are very busy, touch wood, are you

Well, full marks on the marketing .... they trained you good .... (I would insert a smiley at this point but it only seems to convey wrong message - which is one of 'chuckle')

I joined Elecsa by recommendation and I don't see any reason to grumble.

One thing that did upset me was a recent email from Napit that suggested I might like to transfer to them ... the email was grammatically incorrect and the open policy of outright poaching was blatantly pure marketing .... I shall stick with my preferred organisation.

As stated before, I think it a total waste of space that we have 3 organisations grabbing our votes - Hmmm, seems a parallel with our politiceans . money grabbing :eek:!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, full marks on the marketing .... they trained you good .... (I would insert a smiley at this point but it only seems to convey wrong message - which is one of 'chuckle')

I joined Elecsa by recommendation and I don't see any reason to grumble.

One thing that did upset me was a recent email from Napit that suggested I might like to transfer to them ... the email was grammatically incorrect and the open policy of outright poaching was blatantly pure marketing .... I shall stick with my preferred organisation.

As stated before, I think it a total waste of space that we have 3 organisations grabbing our votes - Hmmm, seems a parallel with our politiceans . money grabbing :eek:!!

was justifying previous post I did the reply for professional
I do agree with you about Napit as have had the same rubbish from them as you
:) i am not afraid to smile

"any one who does not join a scheme can only be viewed as not competent to do so by normal Electricians" Total rubbish!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Who Are You Registered With? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock