Discuss Wireless light switches? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

no no jobs mate sorry.

Just wondering if they could do two way switching. seen them advertised but dont know anyone that has used them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
Worked in acustomers house that had these right through the house,supplied by a company called EIB from germany I think.All the switches were just fixed to the walls ,and were useable as two way if needed(also had mood settings and fully dimmable).
Customer also had remote control(a bit like a TV remote)that could be used to control the whole house.Pretty impressive stood in the front drive at night controling lighting in house and garden from the remote!.
Have seen the ones in B&Q but never used them.

mk and crabtree do them now not anything fancy like remote control or diffrent light settings. Seen them advertised alot but not seen any prices

just done a quick search on these i'd seen them advertised but never any prices. Looks like u need a switch (£76)and a receiver(96) all exc Vat so for a new 2 way lighting addition it would be £248 + vat as well as cable, light fitting and labour costs i'm sure there is a time and a place these would be of benefit but can't see it coming up that often??

Hi CTS

I have them in my house. Very good but as already quoted, they are not cheap.

Remote Control Dimmer Switches - Chrome Infra Red

Have a look ta these. There are other manufacturers I have seen and better systems.

Cheers

Dave

These are not wireless switches but remote control dimmers, these are made by varilight and reletively cheap, the remote control is only about 7 quid and a 1 gang dimmer about 25 quid, I have found they are a bit tempermental though, they have a tendancy to flicker and also sometimes when I turn the telly on or use another remote control and the lights come on

Reply to Wireless light switches? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock