Currently reading:
Wiring in a Cooker (Don't Groan)

Discuss Wiring in a Cooker (Don't Groan) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Santa

-
Reaction score
I am NOT an electrician, and have no intention of doing this myself.

Some months ago, while the floorboards were up for some plumbing, I ran a cable (connected to nothing) from near the main board in the garage, through holes in the joists under the floorboards to the point directly above where I want to fit my new electric cooker. I can't remember the dimensions of the cable, but it's pretty heavy stuff, and what the electrician in the shop where I bought it told me I needed.

My problem is that there is no convenient space adjacent to the cooker housing to put an external socket. There's a hob in the work surface on one side, and to copper pipes belonging to the central heating on the other.

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys - I guess the floorboards will have to stay as they are for the time being. At least I know what to expect.

What you could do in your case is to call a local electrician now to look at the cable and its route, he may even take a couple of tests to ensure it hasn't been damaged whilst being installed. Then when your ready call him back to connect up, test and cert. Put your floorboards back down in the mean time.

Reply to Wiring in a Cooker (Don't Groan) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back