Discuss Working for B&Q in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

yeah, but scousers take care not to scratch the bodywork. makes it less saleable.

This announcement followed Ferrari's decision to take advantage of the British government's 'Work for your Dole' scheme and employ some Liverpudlian youngsters. The decision to hire them was brought about by a recent documentary on how unemployed youths from Toxteth were able to remove a set of wheels in less than 6 seconds without proper equipment, whereas Ferrari's existing crew could only do it in 8 seconds with millions of pounds worth of high tech equipment.

It was thought to be an excellent, bold move by the Ferrari management team as most races are won and lost in the pits, giving Ferrari an advantage over every other team.

However, Ferrari got more than they bargained for! At the crew's first practice session, not only was the scouse pit crew able to change all four wheels in under 6 seconds but, within 12 seconds, they had re-sprayed, re-badged and sold the car to the Mclaren team for 8 cases of Stella, a bag of weed and some photos of Coulthard's bird in the shower.

Working for B&Q

I was working for them for over a year via a kitchen fitter. The prices are ok but they charge double to the customer, all prices are set ie £47 a socket etc £95 a RCD little board. The cert side was all done online with napit which is very easy but I am with napit so was used to it. You WILL have loads of problems the guys who spec and inspect the kitchens to say what is needed etc are a waste of space. Always parts missing etc, also if there is a problem even something like a free standing fridge hasn't turned up you don't get paid. They think it's a privilege to work for them as such are a bunch of idiots. Pm me and I will send you my phone number if you want any info.

Re: Working for B&Q

I was working for them for over a year via a kitchen fitter. The prices are ok but they charge double to the customer, all prices are set ie £47 a socket etc £95 a RCD little board. The cert side was all done online with napit which is very easy but I am with napit so was used to it. You WILL have loads of problems the guys who spec and inspect the kitchens to say what is needed etc are a waste of space. Always parts missing etc, also if there is a problem even something like a free standing fridge hasn't turned up you don't get paid. They think it's a privilege to work for them as such are a bunch of idiots. Pm me and I will send you my phone number if you want any info.

Great thank you Deservices, have sent you PM

What if you weren't a Napit member?

the best of the large highstreet retailers kitchens are Wickes.

proper chipboard backs on them....service voids (unlike IKEA crap)...and the fittings for the units are generally of acceptable quality (although the link lights are sh*te)....

A bit off topic My garage door lock went ----- up last night, wire link snapped between catch and handle, went to B&Q as I knew they sold a replacement you would have thought it was easy to buy wouldn't you? 45 minutes it took to pay 0.98p bunch of losers, still pay peanuts you only get monkeys lol not all of them though some are quite helpful

I hate B&Q with all their self service tills it really gets on my wick, and they still stock them stupid "socket covers" you know the plastic safety things

I've done installs for bodge it and quit for over a year now. The install schedule rarely matches the work to be done, which in some instances can cause friction with the customer. It has gotten worse since the fitters became responsible for the pre-fit survey. They miss loads. It wasn't nearly as bad when they had a dedicated survey team, in fact it was fine. I've trained one of the fitters that I support to send me photos of cu, meter etc and ring me if he isn't sure. Tother fitter hasn't yet grasped the importance of this but is happy to pay for work he misses out of his own pocket. They're both good guys and I would have them fit a bathroom for me anytime, but in there private capacity and not at bodge it and quits inflated prices. Its occasionally frustrating but in the main okay. As regards the woes some have had with being approved by bodge it and quit i only needed a crb, now called a dbs. Probs different for none napit folk as they don't already have your documentary bits and bobs on file. Its work at the end of the day and maybe I'm lucky with the guys I support. PM me if you need more info but nobody gets rich on their work.

Rob

Working for B&Q

It don't matter if your not napit member as the kitchen fitter or whomever is running the job is. They can't do the Certs, it's just there log on you use. You login with there id, fill in the Certs that have already been put on the system, sign them with your details and put your reg number for whomever company your certified with. It's similar to using easycert etc.

It don't matter if your not napit member as the kitchen fitter or whomever is running the job is. They can't do the Certs, it's just there log on you use. You login with there id, fill in the Certs that have already been put on the system, sign them with your details and put your reg number for whomever company your certified with. It's similar to using easycert etc.

Hope you're getting the cert money for doing there job for them D. You do have the option of handing a completed cert to them and letting them crack on. Some of the sparks do that and I understand that is the 'correct' way. The bodge it and quit rule book also asks for there own form to be completed and left on site after inspection, testing and first fix. I can count on no hands how many times I've done that as well.

if they cant even fill out a cert, how the hell have they managed to become members of NAPIT?

They're not napit electrical regd. Napit have an oversight role for b and q. All the bathroom fits have to be napit approved. Don't ask me what they approve other than the elecs but the work schedule includes fitting of washing facilities etc which must have to comply with something or other. Lol. Napit inspectors occasionally call at bodge it and quit bathroom fits, not unheralded mind you, in that capacity.

They're not napit electrical regd. Napit have an oversight role for b and q. All the bathroom fits have to be napit approved. Don't ask me what they approve other than the elecs but the work schedule includes fitting of washing facilities etc which must have to comply with something or other. Lol. Napit inspectors occasionally call at bodge it and quit bathroom fits, not unheralded mind you, in that capacity.

So NAPIT bypass all the rules and will register Part P work by people that are not even assessed to be competent to do the works.

Might be at cross purposes here. They have purely an admin role re the elec cert as fitting team leader, but I get your drift. I think. I complete the work and the cert and hand it over at the end of the job.

I hate B&Q with all their self service tills it really gets on my wick

work of the devil those things.
removing human service and replace with machines , only an accounts dept. could dream up such a cheap --- customer service fail.

anyway i blame the NIC & CEF for everythings thats wrong with the world.
who said hating stuff isnt fun.
;-)

the nic have been doing it for 20 years under their Qualified supervisor set-up.
;-)
But at leaast the QS was responsible (using that word loosely) for the works carried out and could at least what was happening. This is just makes a complete farce of it all if B&Q can do it without any type of assessment for anyone.

Any type of assessment for anyone? Lol. I'm competent (ish) just not at fitting bath and loos...but clearly the bathroom fitter is. Some of the work I do for them isn't even notifiable to labc but it still gets notified to napit/b&q. What is it they're not doing right specifically Dillb? Sorry if i've lost the thread here... It happens.

Reply to Working for B&Q in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net