Discuss 2382 Questions.. Where in the book?? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Are you sure that you can take your regs book into the exam with you, because at our course we have been told that we will be given a book for use in the exam.

Yes pretty sure, after all they are asking you questions on a working British Standard document with 389 pages. Nobody could remember every single thing in it and if you were on site you would be refering to it for reference.

The course is based on understanding the Regulations together with finding your way around the BS7671 document. Sounds easy, but not when your up against the clock.

I would check again with the training centre?

Thanks for your answers hughesy and WarrenG. I will ask the lecturer next time I see him. Thanks again for the help.
ninja

taken (and passed, thank you) my 2382 in last few weeks and yes you may take your own copy of the book in with you.

Would defintely recommend doing as previously stated and making use of the blank notes pages in the rear of the book. The mere act of writing stuff down will help you remember things anyway, but may also save you ten mins of searching..!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sid,
If you are doing the full exam, the following question numbers are in the sections listed:
Questions 1-4 section 1
Q 5-7 S2
Q8-12 S 3
Q13-26 S 4
Q27-41 S 5
Q42-47 S6
Q48-57 S 7
Q58-60 S 8
List these in the front of your regs. If you are stuck on a question you will know which section to search for it.

Cheers JIM

Thanks all for your responses.

It was my first day today of the 3 day course.

I actually enjoyed it, the tutor was a bit of a comedian and made us all laugh, we had free tea and coffe all day. We all got a free NIC study book on the wiring regs, thicker than the actual regs book. very handy.

Were working through the details of each section of the regs book and then answering a set of actual city and guilds exam questions on each of the sections.

The collage im at is rated 2nd for electrical tution in all areas, throughout the whole of the UK. With a brand new 5 million pound technology block.

The tutor has said the ONLY BOOKS ALLOWED in the exam are the regs book and no other books. you can have what ever tabs in it you like and write in it what you like.

At the collage out of 500 people who have taken the full 2382 exam only 4 have ever failed.

Im feeling more confident and dont see there being any problems on the day.

Ill keep you posted..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all for your responses.

The collage im at is rated 2nd for electrical tution in all areas, throughout the whole of the UK. With a brand new 5 million pound technology block.

do you mind saying which college that is and how much the course costs, cheers

Sid,
If you are doing the full exam, the following question numbers are in the sections listed:
Questions 1-4 section 1
Q 5-7 S2
Q8-12 S 3
Q13-26 S 4
Q27-41 S 5
Q42-47 S6
Q48-57 S 7
Q58-60 S 8
List these in the front of your regs. If you are stuck on a question you will know which section to search for it.

Cheers JIM

Hey SPARKYJIM007, what is 'S 8'? The BS7671 Part numbers go from 1 to 7 followed by the Appendices. The information you gave is very helpful but could you clarify this please? Thanks

It's loughbrough Collage.
Loughborough College Home Page

The whole Electrotechnology block has many sponsers, The 17th course has sponsers including NICEIC, and MEM Eaton, As there is different sponsers involved the full 17th regs course cost me £200 all in.

Im not sure if now the price has been put upto £400.

small world. Thought it might be when you mentioned the new block, that's is where i am studying. I am just in my first year on the C&G2330, though want to do the wiring regs while i'm doing the 2nd year of my C&G.

would not worry about it too much, the actual c&g exam isnt really that difficult, theres enough easy enough questions to scrape by

When i done my 2382 last August
2382 Questions in BS7671
1-4 part 1
5-7 part 2
8-12 part 3
13-26 part4
27-41 part5
42-47 part 6
48-57 part 7
58-60 appendices

I the wrote Questions numbers on the contents page next to the part it was in, it worked well for me.
I hope this is of some help, good luck pete.

When i done my 2382 last August
2382 Questions in BS7671
1-4 part 1
5-7 part 2
8-12 part 3
13-26 part4
27-41 part5
42-47 part 6
48-57 part 7
58-60 appendices

I the wrote Questions numbers on the contents page next to the part it was in, it worked well for me.
I hope this is of some help, good luck pete.

I didnt think the questions all flowed from beginging to end of the book in order.

Ive been told the questions are scattered about in the exam? you could get a question from any section at anytime in the exam.

Is this wrong?

when i done my 2382 the questions went in the order i have said, on the course i done was told to number as said in the contents page of the red book.

It may have changed, but thats how it was last august.

when i done my 2382 the questions went in the order i have said, on the course i done was told to number as said in the contents page of the red book.

It may have changed, but thats how it was last august.

Just completed the exam today,the questions came in order as in sections.
Also as regard to tagging the book,this has been stopped by C+G,the guy invigilating the exam had new copies of the regs sent to site.Best to check on this one,apparently it differs from centre to centre

CG 2382-20

for reference:

q01-q02 Part 1
q03-q04 Part 2
q05 Part 3
q06-q13 Part 4
q14-q19 Part 5
q20-q21 Part6
q22-q30 Appdx

Hope this helps with the update exam

Reply to 2382 Questions.. Where in the book?? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock