Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss 2382 Questions.. Where in the book?? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

TPES

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Evening all!

I have been doing my 2382 exam simulator..

I did terrible!!

Am i right in thinking that ALL questions asked in the 17th regs book can be found in the big red book??

I understand some of these may be simple questions and easy for many of you to answer. But could you tell me the reg number that will give me these answers??

Its taking me ages to scroll through the book.

Attachments

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
D

donkey131

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
hi there do you know where i can download 2382 simulator

S

Spudnik

Sid,

Did you do the full course or just the
update?

Some of the answers are in the BRB and some of them are things which you should have been taught.

1 Zs=Ze +(R1+R2)

2 Sec 445

3 411.5.3

4 not sure yet.

5 411.3.1.2

Last edited by a moderator:

andyb

-
Arms
Esteemed
I think it's (a) square route of 3 x Uo.

That would give arround 400v which seems about right to me.

T

TPES

Cheers for the reply jason, I have my full course in about 3 weeks time, im using this simulator to practice on, Im finding it hard to find the answers in under 2mins. find most my time searching the book for the correct section.

S

Spudnik

Sid,

The idea of the course is to show you the way round the regs book (amongst other things).

Also, the way the questions are put can sometimes be very confusing, making you read too much into.

Other times they word the question in such a way that you simply get the answer the wrong way round and its in there for you to tick as well.

The link that Mr G posted is very good and will help you understand the way their mind works.

Good luck!

T

TPES

Cheers J.

Yeah some of the questions are very tricky, im trying to break it down and pick words out that might instantly determine what section of the book to go to, but then some questions incoparate 2 different sets of words that without knowing could be in 1 of 2 sections of the book.. this is where my time is getting wasted.

I really appreciate your help guys.. This forum is the dogs Bo**ocks!

T

TPES

I wish there was more time to find each question, what a pain in the arse!
At first i thought 2 mins per question was loads of time.. Now i think 20 mins wouldnt be long enough!

Im struggling to determine from the question what part of the book i should go stright too.. Why am i finding it so hard.. surely the clue is in the question?

Heres an example..

What clue is this question giving you to tell you to go to section "****" in the book for the answer ???

Attachments

S

Spudnik

You should find the answer under RCM or Residual Current Monitor.

With questions like this you need to pick out the two 'parts' as it were.

For example 'RCD' or 'RCM'.

The index at the back is fairly good and usually guides in the right direction.

Just out of interest, are you doing home study or are you at a training centre?

If you are at a training centre then they should have explained roughly how the regs work.

T

TPES

You should find the answer under RCM or Residual Current Monitor.

With questions like this you need to pick out the two 'parts' as it were.

For example 'RCD' or 'RCM'.

The index at the back is fairly good and usually guides in the right direction.

Just out of interest, are you doing home study or are you at a training centre?

If you are at a training centre then they should have explained roughly how the regs work.

I have not started my 2382 regs course yet, it starts next week. So i will be taught more on it then..

Im just trying to get a head start at home before the course begins.

W

WarrenG

Sid I have posted this on another thread somewhere, however here it is again.

In the back of your Regs book (notes) make a quick index list for yourself of area's that you think you may need to refer to (i.e. tables, charts etc) in the Regs book during your exam - example:

Earth Loop Impedance Tables P46 - P49
Fire Fighters Switches P122
Residual Current Monitor (RCM) P124

and so on........

The Regs book is a working document so you can include notes and after all there is nothing that you could put in the notes that isn't already in the book. Lots of people don't use it to their advantage.

This way you can pick out and reference the areas quicker. Some people tab pages and highlight sections.

Hope this helps!

Warren

T

TPES

This is my first full attempt at the exam.. Failed!

Have to get minimum of 60% in each section right?

I've tabbed my book up to death!! im going to have ago at this once or twice a day up untill my actual exam day.
Hopefully get 100% in each section... (Yeah rightooo)

I didnt know they broke it up this way.. is it an equal amount of questions in each section does anyone know?

Attachments

H

hughesy

Hi all ive just past my 17th with 96percent did the full course not an update ,its a big advantage if you own the brb as you can tagit and make a quick reference index, none of the questions are trick questions all you have to do is select the right word from the question then find it in the index, the regs is split in to sections and they ask you so many questions from each section and all you do on the course is go through these sections doing practice questions on the way it is a relatively easy exam if you pay attention on the course but wouldnt bother wasting money on simulators and all that.any questions welcome

I've tabbed my book up to death!! im going to have ago at this once or twice a day up untill my actual exam day.

I didnt know they broke it up this way.. is it an equal amount of questions in each section does anyone know?
no its not its:part 1=4 part2=3 part3=5 part4=14 part5=15 part6=6 part7=10 part8=3

Evening all!

I have been doing my 2382 exam simulator..

I did terrible!!

Am i right in thinking that ALL questions asked in the 17th regs book can be found in the big red book??

I understand some of these may be simple questions and easy for many of you to answer. But could you tell me the reg number that will give me these answers??

Its taking me ages to scroll through the book.
where did you get these questions i just passed my 17th and questions were nothing like this

D

DirtyDog

I'm sure I never got 66% in all of my sections and I passed?!..:confused:

D

DirtyDog

never got given the pass rate but am sure its 60 percent
Well, unless it's changed since last July, the pass is definitely not 60% in every section! I think it could be 66% overall? But then again, I did 2382-200, could be marked differently?

I've just found my score report, I ain't even gonna tell ya what I got in the section for 'selection and erection of equipment' Trust me, it was no where near 66%, and I mean no where near...:eek:

Two of the sections I got 50%, one 67% ,four at 100% and then there was the 'freak' one which we won't go into....

N

ninjadeathstalk

Sid I have posted this on another thread somewhere, however here it is again.

In the back of your Regs book (notes) make a quick index list for yourself of area's that you think you may need to refer to (i.e. tables, charts etc) in the Regs book during your exam - example:

Earth Loop Impedance Tables P46 - P49
Fire Fighters Switches P122
Residual Current Monitor (RCM) P124

and so on........

The Regs book is a working document so you can include notes and after all there is nothing that you could put in the notes that isn't already in the book. Lots of people don't use it to their advantage.

This way you can pick out and reference the areas quicker. Some people tab pages and highlight sections.

Hope this helps!

Warren
Are you sure that you can take your regs book into the exam with you, because at our course we have been told that we will be given a book for use in the exam.

H

hughesy

Are you sure that you can take your regs book into the exam with you, because at our course we have been told that we will be given a book for use in the exam.
yes its just that some people dont have a book.

W

WarrenG

Yes pretty sure, after all they are asking you questions on a working British Standard document with 389 pages. Nobody could remember every single thing in it and if you were on site you would be refering to it for reference.

The course is based on understanding the Regulations together with finding your way around the BS7671 document. Sounds easy, but not when your up against the clock.

I would check again with the training centre?

N

ninjadeathstalk

Thanks for your answers hughesy and WarrenG. I will ask the lecturer next time I see him. Thanks again for the help.
ninja

G

GT1

taken (and passed, thank you) my 2382 in last few weeks and yes you may take your own copy of the book in with you.

Would defintely recommend doing as previously stated and making use of the blank notes pages in the rear of the book. The mere act of writing stuff down will help you remember things anyway, but may also save you ten mins of searching..!!

N

ninjadeathstalk

Thanks will definately make use of the notes pages in the book.

Well done on passing your 2382, GT1.

ninja

S

SPARKYJIM007

Sid,
If you are doing the full exam, the following question numbers are in the sections listed:
Questions 1-4 section 1
Q 5-7 S2
Q8-12 S 3
Q13-26 S 4
Q27-41 S 5
Q42-47 S6
Q48-57 S 7
Q58-60 S 8
List these in the front of your regs. If you are stuck on a question you will know which section to search for it.

Cheers JIM

T

TPES

Thanks all for your responses.

It was my first day today of the 3 day course.

I actually enjoyed it, the tutor was a bit of a comedian and made us all laugh, we had free tea and coffe all day. We all got a free NIC study book on the wiring regs, thicker than the actual regs book. very handy.

Were working through the details of each section of the regs book and then answering a set of actual city and guilds exam questions on each of the sections.

The collage im at is rated 2nd for electrical tution in all areas, throughout the whole of the UK. With a brand new 5 million pound technology block.

The tutor has said the ONLY BOOKS ALLOWED in the exam are the regs book and no other books. you can have what ever tabs in it you like and write in it what you like.

At the collage out of 500 people who have taken the full 2382 exam only 4 have ever failed.

Im feeling more confident and dont see there being any problems on the day.

Ill keep you posted..

P

pushrod

Thanks all for your responses.

The collage im at is rated 2nd for electrical tution in all areas, throughout the whole of the UK. With a brand new 5 million pound technology block.

do you mind saying which college that is and how much the course costs, cheers

T

TPES

do you mind saying which college that is and how much the course costs, cheers
It's loughbrough Collage.
Loughborough College Home Pagehttp://www.lou

The whole Electrotechnology block has many sponsers, The 17th course has sponsers including NICEIC, and MEM Eaton, As there is different sponsers involved the full 17th regs course cost me £200 all in.

Im not sure if now the price has been put upto £400.

S

Smugley

Sid,
If you are doing the full exam, the following question numbers are in the sections listed:
Questions 1-4 section 1
Q 5-7 S2
Q8-12 S 3
Q13-26 S 4
Q27-41 S 5
Q42-47 S6
Q48-57 S 7
Q58-60 S 8
List these in the front of your regs. If you are stuck on a question you will know which section to search for it.

Cheers JIM
Hey SPARKYJIM007, what is 'S 8'? The BS7671 Part numbers go from 1 to 7 followed by the Appendices. The information you gave is very helpful but could you clarify this please? Thanks

P

pushrod

It's loughbrough Collage.
Loughborough College Home Page

The whole Electrotechnology block has many sponsers, The 17th course has sponsers including NICEIC, and MEM Eaton, As there is different sponsers involved the full 17th regs course cost me £200 all in.

Im not sure if now the price has been put upto £400.
small world. Thought it might be when you mentioned the new block, that's is where i am studying. I am just in my first year on the C&G2330, though want to do the wiring regs while i'm doing the 2nd year of my C&G.

E

ezzzekiel

would not worry about it too much, the actual c&g exam isnt really that difficult, theres enough easy enough questions to scrape by

P

petewan

When i done my 2382 last August
2382 Questions in BS7671
1-4 part 1
5-7 part 2
8-12 part 3
13-26 part4
27-41 part5
42-47 part 6
48-57 part 7
58-60 appendices

I the wrote Questions numbers on the contents page next to the part it was in, it worked well for me.
I hope this is of some help, good luck pete.

T

TPES

When i done my 2382 last August
2382 Questions in BS7671
1-4 part 1
5-7 part 2
8-12 part 3
13-26 part4
27-41 part5
42-47 part 6
48-57 part 7
58-60 appendices

I the wrote Questions numbers on the contents page next to the part it was in, it worked well for me.
I hope this is of some help, good luck pete.
I didnt think the questions all flowed from beginging to end of the book in order.

Ive been told the questions are scattered about in the exam? you could get a question from any section at anytime in the exam.

Is this wrong?

P

petewan

when i done my 2382 the questions went in the order i have said, on the course i done was told to number as said in the contents page of the red book.

It may have changed, but thats how it was last august.

when i done my 2382 the questions went in the order i have said, on the course i done was told to number as said in the contents page of the red book.

It may have changed, but thats how it was last august.
Just completed the exam today,the questions came in order as in sections.
Also as regard to tagging the book,this has been stopped by C+G,the guy invigilating the exam had new copies of the regs sent to site.Best to check on this one,apparently it differs from centre to centre

T

TE_chomper

CG 2382-20

for reference:

q01-q02 Part 1
q03-q04 Part 2
q05 Part 3
q06-q13 Part 4
q14-q19 Part 5
q20-q21 Part6
q22-q30 Appdx

Hope this helps with the update exam

Reply to 2382 Questions.. Where in the book?? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
Top Bottom