Discuss C & G 2396: Previous questions. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello All.

I am taking my 2396 written exam in December this year, therefore i am knee deep in practice papers.

In case anyone else is in the same boat, i wanted to post some questions, to see the difference in answers, (If any at all) if those of us more knowledgeable would like to have a go. Please try to quote regs numbers for your findings.

1) Explain in detail, the requirements of BS7671 with regard to protective earthing within an installation, using the protective measure of ADS.

2) State three examples of sources for SELV circuits.

3) Explain the circumstances that would require the use of an IT earthing system without ADS.

4) Explain the considerations that must be taken into account when using the risk assessment method of determining the requirements for surge protection with regard to overvoltage's of atmospheric conditions.

Have fun.

S.

For the 2396 they are not necessarily looking for Regulations and passages direct from BS7671 although these can be included. You need to expand on this so they can see you understand what you are quoting, you need to think outside of the box.

Hello All.

I am taking my 2396 written exam in December this year, therefore i am knee deep in practice papers.

In case anyone else is in the same boat, i wanted to post some questions, to see the difference in answers, (If any at all) if those of us more knowledgeable would like to have a go. Please try to quote regs numbers for your findings.

1) Explain in detail, the requirements of BS7671 with regard to protective earthing within an installation, using the protective measure of ADS.

2) State three examples of sources for SELV circuits.

3) Explain the circumstances that would require the use of an IT earthing system without ADS.

4) Explain the considerations that must be taken into account when using the risk assessment method of determining the requirements for surge protection with regard to overvoltage's of atmospheric conditions.

Have fun.

S.
Hi Speeka,

I have looked for past papers online to no avail. Where did you get yours? Can you share? Any other resources you have found useful?

Thanks

Hi Speeka,

I have looked for past papers online to no avail. Where did you get yours? Can you share? Any other resources you have found useful?

Thanks
Hey
I have about 7 or so past papers mostly from the training centre & a few from on here if i remember correctly. Some with answers too.
i don't have any in digital format to send. I may be able to scan some through if you are still looking.

Hey
I have about 7 or so past papers mostly from the training centre & a few from on here if i remember correctly. Some with answers too.
i don't have any in digital format to send. I may be able to scan some through if you are still looking.
Hi, do you still have copies of past papers? I'm looking at doing the course and putting revision materials together to be ready. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

For the 2396 they are not necessarily looking for Regulations and passages direct from BS7671 although these can be included. You need to expand on this so they can see you understand what you are quoting, you need to think outside of the box.
i think that is pretty obvious but thanks.

Hi, do you still have copies of past papers? I'm looking at doing the course and putting revision materials together to be ready. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
like i said i have several papers & an old copy of a project from the 1996 that got a distinction, but its hard work to scan at the mo, get back to me when you start the course & ill try, but way to0 busy at the moment.

like i said i have several papers & an old copy of a project from the 1996 that got a distinction, but its hard work to scan at the mo, get back to me when you start the course & ill try, but way to0 busy at the moment.
Hi, cheers for the reply. I've signed up for the December exam so I've got a bit of prep time as works manic. Collecting anything I can in the meantime

Reply to C & G 2396: Previous questions. in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net