Currently reading:
2391-Oct 2012

Discuss 2391-Oct 2012 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I am taking the 2391 exam next month (18-10-2012), and I am asking for any past exam papers from the years 2010,2011 & 2012, which will give me a chance of using the examiners report to compare with each exam. The examiners report only goes back to 2010, so at the moment no exam papers any older thanks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have wanted the 2391 for a while but just never got round to it, and I thought well this will be my last chance before the change to the 2394 and 2395. And now I need to study hard, no chance of a re-sit, so please dig out the past papers and send to me.

I am taking the 2391 exam next month (18-10-2012), and I am asking for any past exam papers from the years 2010,2011 & 2012, which will give me a chance of using the examiners report to compare with each exam. The examiners report only goes back to 2010, so at the moment no exam papers any older thanks. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have wanted the 2391 for a while but just never got round to it, and I thought well this will be my last chance before the change to the 2394 and 2395. And now I need to study hard, no chance of a re-sit, so please dig out the past papers and send to me.

Hi friend,congratulations on taking the plunge,dont try and cram it in during few long sittings.Get GN3 as a "carry about". On the loo,at a friends party,during kids karate lesson etc,little and often and dont be put off referencing BGB whenever you feel.Loads of real world logic on this forum and ask ask ask during training.I thought if you were booked on course and exam paid,resits were available,may be wrong. Good luck and dont make the problem the size of a cow! (80's ref) cheers

Make sure you know your earth fault loop path diagram 13-15 points very easy there, and if they put one of them test sheers in there look out for the Zs's they may be lower than the tabled Zs's but they will be like 0.03 etc higher than 80% of the tabled Zs's. 7 of them and it's another 15points......theres is touching 30 already! Also when I did mine there was alot of talk about spelling, punctuation, paragraphs. The examiners guide says bullet point it do that's what I did. If you write it in paragraphs you can get lost in what you are saying ........

Ir test
* warn anyone in the property you are carrying out test
* put up warning signs & safely isolate & lock off
* check circuit for sensitive equipment & link out PIRs etc
* remove lamps & loads
*ensure instrument complies with gs38 (maybe even list a couple of things....finger guards, 2-4mm tips, 1000v insulated leads, Inline fuses, no cracks on meter, calibration sticker)

Then go through the test procedure in bullet form then I would proble mention Somthing like:- access the results taken to ensure they are greater than the ones listed in bs7671 for each different voltage I.e extra low voltage, low voltage
THEN the. Golden rule for last bullet point for that one last mark......REINSTATE circuit to original condition and continue to next test.

This is a assessor marking this not a computer, show him you know your stuff and you will pass, give him a whiff of incompetent and that's when he will start getting harsh

Good luck, need anymore help PM me, I can give you alot more guidance

I re-sat my 2391 on 12th July, guess what I got in the post this morning, my official C&G 2391 certificate (at last). Read GN3 till your nose bleeds. Read the questions very carefully, if you know and understand what you are doing you will spot the catchmeouts in the questions. And the best of luck. Steve.

Reply to 2391-Oct 2012 in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back