Discuss Accounting / Invoicing / Expense FREE in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dipzy go back to the opening post of Durhamsparks and give him a Thanks (bottom left button btw lol).

Next time I see him I'll buy him a beer or four to go with that pizza i still owe him :rofl:

Said it in gest mate.

Too many people receive great advice and help from members and don't say thanks for it, lot of members getting sick of it.

Ps just done my first estimate on this program and it looks so much better than sending an email.

No worries mate.

I've certainly learned a lot from the wonderfully knowledgeable people on this site to go along with my 3 years in college and am now putting it all to practice, slowly.. atm.
I know from my previous career (25 years in print) that a professional image counts for a lot so know this package will help. Do you know if we can add our logo's etc to the estimates etc?

Said it in gest mate.

Too many people receive great advice and help from members and don't say thanks for it, lot of members getting sick of it.

Ps just done my first estimate on this program and it looks so much better than sending an email.

Estimates are great.... providing the customer hits the accept/decline button. Had to invoice myself to see exactly how it works, not sure what I will tell the tax man about the £120,000 I invoiced lmao

I've just been looking at this and can't find any catches. The only worry I have is the possibility that this firm may leave it a couple of years and then decide to start charging, after which time users may be dependent on the software.
But maybe that's my suspicious mind!!

i dont mind paying for good software...!! i was paying for the use of sliq £40 a year as new releases kept coming out...!

i was using sage last year and it was good but just so so so complicated!!!

this is user friendly and i was sold when it does, invoicing, purchases, bank reconcile, automated postage of invoices and letters, also the fact i can scan and upload all paperwork to it and tag it to a specific invoice for future use... then i found it was free...!!

Been using it for some time now.

I ditched paypal option - too fee heavy

Apart from that I find it great.

I use Quicken (not quickbooks) as I bought it years ago and there's no annual fee
It does what I need and prints off a 3 page summary to let me fill my tax return in

don't like the idea of cloud based- too easy for a server to go down and you have lost all your data

quicken backs up to my pc and network hard drive each time I close the program

yes it can be backed up... they can send you weekly or monthly emails with the backup files...

please read this if you have any questions about quick file....

Quick File Support

they have there own support and development team along with accountants (seen as they are an accountancy firm)

They back up their own files every 15 mins just like the banks do so you would only lose minimum info if your unlucky enough to input accounts data at the time it goes down.

Thanks durhamsparky and Paul, just downloaded it and will have a play with it.
Its appears to be a far easier system than others ive tried, and can only be an improvement on my usual method of accounting on empty muffin wrappers!!

Have any of you guys used cash-flow? I am trying that quick books at the moment and it looks good.
Basically since ive been trading not really taken doing my books serious but ive just had to go VAT registered and well its time to grow up and look pro instead of getting investigated and throwing a pile of junk at them!
Are most you guys vat registered?

Reply to Accounting / Invoicing / Expense FREE in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock