Discuss Adding a wireless switch to override a timeclock and photocell. in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
i have some outside lights where the customer wants a wireless switch to bypass a timeclock and photocell.
On the wireless switch receiver I have permanent live in and neutral then another neutral s/l to the lights.
The time clock being used is a greenwood with a built in override switch. Terminal 1 for neutrals, 2 is not used, 3 permanent live and 4 out going.
Then the photocell has perm live, s/l and neutral.
Do I take the feed to the wireless receiver first?

You could but the timer might stop running if the wireless switch is off for a long time because it wouldn't have power.

I assume the wireless switch is controlled by a phone with an app? If so rather do away with the Greenwood timer and photocello entirely.

simply feed the wireless switch L from Lin of the timer. then S/L out from wireless switch to S/Lout of photocell. your switch also need a a N, but you don't need to take N any further.

Reply to Adding a wireless switch to override a timeclock and photocell. in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I need your help please once again in tracing a fault. Am DIY but not clueless. Converting former kitchen into 2 rooms: bathroom and laundry. The...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I know this is very simple but I would like some advice please. I am installing a new circuit to feed 5 external floodlights. It is...
Replies
Views
This is in regards to wireless light switches i posted to two other forums. Surely someone here has some experience with the switches that is...
Replies
Views
First, sorry if I'm not in the correxct thread. I'm trying to replace an old switch with a WIFI switch and cannot seem to do it right. There are...
Replies
Views
Ferrets are known for being small, resourceful, and incredibly clever. They can solve many problems by fitting into tight spaces and doing jobs us...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock