Discuss Additional shower in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

bob67

Hi,
Could someone please advise:
I already have a shower in the en suite which goes direct to the consumer unit. I now want to fit an additional 9.5kw shower in the bathroom which is next to the ensuite. Do I have to run a seperate cable to an addiotional point on the consumer unit or can I join the cable in the loft via a onnection box to the existing shower hence only having one cable going to the consumer? A pologies in advance for the ignorance

Hi mate,from the sounds it definitely not a job you should be doing your self (no offence)
your new shower will need to be run direct from the fuse board in 10mm t+e..... but you will also have a problem of overloading the main fuse if both showers are on at the same time .... you can get a dedicated fuse board that will only allow 1 shower to run at a time .... Get a good spark in and am sure he,ll sort a good solution.

Remove supply cable from consumer unit run it through an enclosure with a 45amp
revesing contactor in it then run a cable from each contactor to each shower switch . you will then have to only install a short length of new cable to the second swower and you have interlocking between contactors.

Reply to Additional shower in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock