Discuss ADVICE: Is there a way to control an LED light temperature after marked in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello, and thanks for your help in advance.

For a client's minor renovation, they purchased this fixture:
View: https://www.amazon.com/KWOKING-Lighting-Acrylic-Dimmable-Adjustable/dp/B0895R4ZTV/ref=sr_1_7?crid=14YQTN3SSKAXL&dchild=1&keywords=kwoking+lighting+modern+ceiling+light+and+fan&qid=1601158957&sprefix=kwoking%2Caps%2C192&sr=8-7

It was advertised as having color control, and this is technically true, but other lights have a switch on the fixture for control, and this has a remote that requires the light to be changed every time it is on.

It defaults to 5000k and it has to be turned off, turned on to 4k, turned off, turned on to 3k (to match the other down lights in the 2700-3000k).

Is there a way to add a switch to make it default to 3k? Otherwise the 5 clicks each time makes it unsuitable.

Any ideas are welcome with my thanks!
SD

TL;DR
Aftermarket control for LED lamp to force 3k default
Normally it’s a quick succession of on/off/on that would change the colour.
Once set, the light should stay at the selected colour if turned off and on normally.

there may be something in the instructions to reset them. As you may have 2 or more of the same light on the same switch that have somehow become unsynced.

Reply to ADVICE: Is there a way to control an LED light temperature after marked in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm encountering a problem with the lighting in my kitchen. I reside in an apartment that has a light fixture utilizing 2 T8 fluorescent bulbs...
Replies
Views
Hi - sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but i cant seem to find the answer. I have an LED Strip and a smart controller. I need a power...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I'm building a house and need some help with the LED lighting design. Lots of experience wiring things, some experience using LEDs (did...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm not an electrician so I need help! I thought this would be a fairly straightforward job but there's so many options, I don't know...
Replies
Views
T
I ran a completely brand new line from the electrical panel to a single pole switch which controls 4 GU10 LED Dimmable lights connected in...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock