Discuss Advice on which PV Software to get in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

mark_

Hi Chaps,

Im sure this has been asked before but as new software comes out all the time I thought Id see if anyone has tried something new. We primerily install PV on new build housing sites so the installs are usually small and basic. Every now and again we will do a flat roof or something a bit different but its not common. Our installs will encounter shading from time to time usually from other houses near by. I am looking for easy to use software which can produce a professional looking report to submit to the client providing panel layout drawing, yield calcs, Co2 saving and when required shading analysisl.

Ive spent a few days looking at the main options and would like any feedback on the following software packages.

Bluesol design (only 490 euros)
PV syst Pro 30 (£675)
PV Sol Premium 3D (£850ish)
PolySun PV only (£775ish)

Does any software available produce documents based on the MCS requirements?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks Markl

Hi Mark,
Try this one Solar Energy Online
I use it in Sweden and I like it. There is a free 30 days trial version which you can extend by simply creating a new account with new email address after 30 days. It has a simple interface similar to PVSOL 3D version and creates nice reports. I haven't tried UK but it should work there too...
Neo

PVSOL is probably the easiest to use but across all the systems the one that most pro's use and the one most widely accepted by the banks and funders is PVSYST although SYSt is a little harder to master!

SOL produces a nice report now similar to the losses arrow diagram that SYSt does the 3d planning is certainly easier in SOL though

Reply to Advice on which PV Software to get in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock