Discuss Anybody having problems with click scolmore gear? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

The wholesaler

Evening All,
We have been having a few issues this week with faulty gear from click scolmore, blue lugs snapping off the bezels on inceptor micro downlights, mode double sockets only working on one side etc. When I spoke to quality control today I am the only wholesaler in the uk with these complaints from my customers, anybody else having issues could you please let me know? I like to supply good quality items and have never had any issues until this week? Any feedback would be much appreciated

I've been using Click Mode double sockets on nearly every job for over 10 years and have probably only had 3 or 4 failures in that time. Nothing recently.

I don't use inceptor micro so can't help you there!

I could do with as much feedback as possible, whenever you ask suppliers you always get the same response "nobody else is complaining" so without any proof to show the rep who looks after our account of other complaints around the country i won't be able to help the lads who buy from me with any answers, we always swop faulty's without question but I like answers for my own peace of mind what I'm selling is reliable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a click spur faulty about 6 months ago, think that's it,
Never used the downlights, I pretty much use Click socket and switch range for 99% of jobs , have even fitted a heap of their definity range too. I found issues there, nearly every intermediate switch module I opened from a box of 10, the switch faces had all popped off the rockers and wouldn't go back on either. The rest was fine, so must have been a bad batch and was only INT modules.

I use Click stuff occasionally, never had any problems.

I did have a bizarre occurrence with some BG FCU's, where one failed to isolate the live terminal when switched off, two replacements did the same.

I sent these items back to the manufacturer, bearing in mind they came from the same packet box form my wholesalers and there could be others installed elsewhere. I was told there was no manufacturing fault, it was the led under cabinet light I was connecting them to, and advised to use another isolating switch!

So might be faulty batch of products you have?

It does worry me that the supplier (Scolmore) are dealing with you in this way. It does not make them look good, assessing the situation by other wholesalers rather than deal with the problem you have. You may have got a bad batch for instance. Shows I may not be able to rely on them if things go wrong. I mean what if I said to a customer whose sockets don't work, well no other customer in the last hundred houses I did has complained so I wont listen to your complaint, that would make me famous and loved, NOT. Anyway Click would be my last choice on a rewire.

I am indeed your wholesaler Hightower! When I get complaints I like to investigate rather than sweep it under the Mat.
I HATE it when suppliers say no we have had no complaints it's just you, or are your customers fitting them properly?
It's a well known fact a sparkie can make one side of a socket work on command, just for the crack!

getting the usual run around, raise a debit note, what's the problem, which side is it, I just wanted them collecting and testing I didn't even want my money back, just some answers but that little chestnut "company procedure" raised its head, can't collect without a debit note.

Click inceptors I'm always snapping lugs on the bezels , I think I'm not as delicate as my labourer , luckily we have a few boxes of spare bezels after the amount we install , they need a re-design on fixings of the bezels in my opinion. As for the accessories I've never had any issues..... well apart from a few dodgy shower switches , only fit hager shower switches now

Thanks for that, I agree the blue clips are very poor, I'd never noticed until some contractors pointed it out. Other than that a really good downlight we very rarely have any returned.

I agree that the bezel clips are poor on the inceptor downlights and I have had two failures of the lights on switch on, but no call backs as yet.
I have not had any problems with the wiring accessories but they are not ones that I install regularly, only if there are mixed switching arrangements, fan isolators, etc.

Thanks Richard, that's the one big advantage the interchangeable modules with the click range, just out of curiosity what wiring accessories are your go to brand? We have been looking at Hager as we sell there consumer units, very impressed with the quality but the price is a bit steep, any thoughts?

My go to brand is BG because my local wholesaler stocks BG and MK and I would not touch MK with a barge pole.
BG has some design problems and some good design features, the arrangement of terminals in their fused spurs is annoying and I have had a reasonable number of sockets fail on overheating when used with 13A loads but in general they seem to be good.
I might well use Click as standard if I did not have to go 40 miles to get them (and receive the wrong colour of white!), but I do like the brushed chrome deco. Hager I do not know about as I have never used them, Crabtree seem OK.

Had a problem yesterday with 2 gang outdoor switch, 3 of the 4 screws holding the switch to the back box pulled through the plastic and I had to use some M4 washers under the screw heads in order to get it to fit [ was an hour's journey there and back from supplier]. Also had a problem last Easter weekend with outdoor single sockets where the threads were stripping when trying to fit socket to back box, manager of local Eddies opened up for me at 5.00 pm on Easter Saturday so that I could change them for MK.
Generally do not use Scolmore, I normally use Legrand for everyday accessories and MK or GET for outdoor accessories.

Generally love scolmore accessories and stuff however their light fittings are different matter suggest look elsewhere like Orluna ask for Paul Simmonds or PhotonStarLED Neil Fuller they have both proved superb in service and fantastic products. Pay a bit more and have very happy customers, otherwise Ansell are a safe choice.

Reply to Anybody having problems with click scolmore gear? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock