Discuss Anybody having problems with click scolmore gear? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I now avoid Scolmore Click Flow lighting connectors, the cord grip is poor (virtually non-existent on 1.0mm)... I actually spoke with Scolmore tech about this and he hinted they were looking at this. That was over a year ago, as far as I know nothing has changed or they maybe they have huge stocks to shift before any design improvement will be made.

I now avoid Scolmore Click Flow lighting connectors, the cord grip is poor (virtually non-existent on 1.0mm)... I actually spoke with Scolmore tech about this and he hinted they were looking at this. That was over a year ago, as far as I know nothing has changed or they maybe they have huge stocks to shift before any design improvement will be made.

What one of these;

View attachment 35805
Use them all the time, cord grip is fine?

BG CCUs are terrible I reckon - twist them any (very easy with an uneven wall) and the lids are terrible for getting on. Never had that issue with Hager or Eaton
Hager is head and shoulders above all others at the moment in terms of quality I don't know why people install cheap stuff

The click range of lighting switches and second fixes all have 25mm long screws which are too short so obviously designed for New builds with fast fix boxes but when used for renovations you have to supply your own 3.5mms (50 and 75mm long)
Apart from that I like the 'curves'!

Oh and the FCUs are obviously designed for new build because they don't have a flex outlet or even provision of making one yourself!

They do 2 versions, with and without flex outlet. And the terminal layout in these is the best I've come across, easy to neatly dress the cables even with 2 x 2.5T&Es on the supply side.

Evening All,
We have been having a few issues this week with faulty gear from click scolmore, blue lugs snapping off the bezels on inceptor micro downlights, mode double sockets only working on one side etc. When I spoke to quality control today I am the only wholesaler in the uk with these complaints from my customers, anybody else having issues could you please let me know? I like to supply good quality items and have never had any issues until this week? Any feedback would be much appreciated

I had a ton of them a couple of years ago. cost me a fair whack of rectification work, but got there in the end. No problems exchanging with the wholesalers. Kind of forgave them as they are normally so good.

Reply to Anybody having problems with click scolmore gear? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock