Discuss Anyone fitted any LAP gu10 5w leds lamps from screwfix in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

chopper

Anyone fitted any are they any good. They are 346 lumens cool white. But xant see any information on the beam angle.
and at £20 for 5 thinking of using them.
Recently been using crompton 5w daylight they are good gor £6 each
or any other recommendations please at good prices

I have found LAP products to be utter poop, i never use screwfix since they started stocking their stuff

do you not find cool white to be a little stark and bluish, i had lots of complaints about them, the natural white ones are alot better, around 4000-4500k is nice bright and white, not blue or yellow(warm white)

i use TLC own brand super bright 5w led gu10 they are superb and only £3.99 + vat ea, they do natural white too, screwfix dont!

Fitted loads of the 4W ones, they are warm white and are an excellent replacement for 50W halogens in my experience.Not sure about the cool white though.

went today to replace two broken halogen mr16, bought a 5pack of those leds on the way, customer really liked them ended up using whole lot. same bright as 35watt halogen, supposed to last 3 years on warranty.

If you go to China, the chinese for rubbish is Clap but it is pronounce with a silent C, ie LAP. I would avoid if I were you and stick with a recognised brand

Not sure with tge colours the crompton ones are called daylight which are very bright white.
I dont like the warm white its too yellow

Are the LAP ones bright white is thst samevas cool white

Stick with Crompton...one very good thing with them is they get a product that sells they stick with it. The likes of Aurora are never done discontinuing a product.

You'd be mad to change from Crompton to LAP, next you'd be changing from Hager/Eaton etc to Proteus!

Yeah thanks I'll stick with the recognised brand what are decent lamps just tranna save a few quid.
Another thing with these lap a year down line probably not sell same lamp still so would need to change them all

Stick with Crompton...one very good thing with them is they get a product that sells they stick with it. The likes of Aurora are never done discontinuing a product.

You'd be mad to change from Crompton to LAP, next you'd be changing from Hager/Eaton etc to Proteus!

Haha
a dont like protius or BG

The thing I like about screwfix is the reviews. The product you have mentioned Chopper has 19 reviews, all of them good bar 1 so it looks like a good buy! You could also try convertabulb (Best Commercial LED Lighting Bulbs, Appliances - Convertabulb) or LEDhut. I like them both, good prices and good service.

I havent had one return from crompton in the last 3 years!!!

The thing I like about screwfix is the reviews. The product you have mentioned Chopper has 19 reviews, all of them good bar 1 so it looks like a good buy! You could also try convertabulb (Best Commercial LED Lighting Bulbs, Appliances - Convertabulb) or LEDhut. I like them both, good prices and good service.

The problem with reviews is people give them after a recent install. People tend not to wait a year or two before they give a review. Reviews tend to be of a first impression that people have of a product which is of no use to us when we have to give a one year guarantee at the minimum

Only 19 reviews? Mainly from DIY'ers and one of them is bad. I've seen the LAP stuff, its carp imo. The thing I like about Crompton is it's a good brand, with a good warranty on their product and stocked by my wholesalers. There is no postage involved, and no delivery costs. They also have the Manor House range for most standard lamps be it GLS or candle etc, that looks just like the filament original...

Classic Candle LED 3W ES Frosted Warm White Crompton Manor

My view is that it is hard to tell who/what are good brands and products these days.. Things are sometimes rebadged with two massively different price tags for the same item.

I used to fit Kosnic or GE LEDs a lot. They are both decent. The Lap warm white ones are a bit yellow as someone mentioned. I have probably fitted around 150 of them in the last 18 months and have had only one dud to my knowledge. For the price they are ok in my view.

If you go to China, the chinese for rubbish is Clap but it is pronounce with a silent C, ie LAP. I would avoid if I were you and stick with a recognised brand

I havent had one return from crompton in the last 3 years!!!

Hmmm, perhaps you'd be surprised to know that Crompton have a large factory in mainland China, as do the majority of other recognised lamp brands. (eg GE, OSRAM etc)
Perhaps you'd also be surprised, that most of the worlds LED lamps are produced in China!!

The Chinese can produce just as high quality products as that you'll find being manufactured elsewhere in the world. Like everything you get what you pay for, if you want high/top quality it's gonna cost more...

Hmmm, perhaps you'd be surprised to know that Crompton have a large factory in mainland China, as do the majority of other recognised lamp brands. (eg GE, OSRAM etc)
Perhaps you'd also be surprised, that most of the worlds LED lamps are produced in China!!

The Chinese can produce just as high quality products as that you'll find being manufactured elsewhere in the world. Like everything you get what you pay for, if you want high/top quality it's gonna cost more...

It doesnt surprise me in the slightest that most (if not all) LED lamps are made in China.

If was a joke (and an old one at that) that refered to a chinese accent when pronouncing some english words (the old L and R thing) coupled with the (now outdated) reputation that the initial products made in China were at the cheaper end of the market

Just a heads up to everyone, wickes are doing a Philips twin back GU10 led lamp set for £20.

Can't go wrong, I stocked up on warm and white, tried them at home and they're great.

What's the problem with fitting quality products these days? Don't elecricans use wholesalers anymore? All this talk of Screwfix and wickes, really?

Reply to Anyone fitted any LAP gu10 5w leds lamps from screwfix in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock