Discuss Armoured cable switch wires in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

MAD SPARK

I have asked other questions about armoured in a stable yard. And i have another.

I have a lighting circuit wired loop in loop out ( again in stables )

What i propose is having trunking between each light for the feeds and then an armoured cable to each switch. Is it ok to use two different cables as it will be twin and earth in the trunking.

there is nothing to stop you using two different cable types in one circuit

I have done a number of these recently in an industrial environment, where i have used Tw&E inside, and swapped to SWA for the circuit going outside

For me I think in this situation, i would be looking at metal conduit and running singles through. Might be one to consider.:)

Is it essential to use singles. Can i use twin and earth?. as i already have some. I appreciate it may be a bit of a bummer to get it down the conduit, but so be it:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
no problems with putting t&e down conduit ,not accounting for bends you could get 2x1.5 t&e down a 20mm ,liquid manure might help to grease the cables
whats the liklihood of the horses coming into contact with the electrical installation ,have a look at agricultural premises in the book and see if any of it might apply

no problems with putting t&e down conduit ,not accounting for bends you could get 2x1.5 t&e down a 20mm ,liquid manure might help to grease the cables
whats the liklihood of the horses coming into contact with the electrical installation ,have a look at agricultural premises in the book and see if any of it might apply

the horses can come in to contact with it.....the switches are at 1800...:confused:
I dont have the regs with me......is this not allowed.

If it isnt then the only alternative is to bring the wire down the outside wall to the switch but this would have to be in trunking. So how would you get a waterproof seal between the bottom of the steel conduit and the switch?

tapped "wiring in stables "(uk)into google and came up with some good advice

Ok i accept that the animals cant come in to contact with the isntallation and the only way to do it is to run the wiring outside. I want the wires in conduit (outside) I belive this is allowed if its galvanised??......also i need to know how you get a seal between the switch box and the conduit?

Reply to Armoured cable switch wires in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock