Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Armoured cable switch wires in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

MAD SPARK

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

I have asked other questions about armoured in a stable yard. And i have another.

I have a lighting circuit wired loop in loop out ( again in stables )

What i propose is having trunking between each light for the feeds and then an armoured cable to each switch. Is it ok to use two different cables as it will be twin and earth in the trunking.

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers
D

DanBrown

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
For me I think in this situation, i would be looking at metal conduit and running singles through. Might be one to consider.:)

S

Spudmiester

Cant see a problem myself, quicker to put in than tube .

ian.settle1

-
Mentor
Arms
For me I think in this situation, i would be looking at metal conduit and running singles through. Might be one to consider.:)
I would use conduit myself as a horse could chew through the pvc and armouring of SWA.

Then you have a law suit because the horse is dead.

S

Shakey

there is nothing to stop you using two different cable types in one circuit

I have done a number of these recently in an industrial environment, where i have used Tw&E inside, and swapped to SWA for the circuit going outside

M

MAD SPARK

Is it essential to use singles. Can i use twin and earth?. as i already have some. I appreciate it may be a bit of a bummer to get it down the conduit, but so be it:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wayne

no problems with putting t&e down conduit ,not accounting for bends you could get 2x1.5 t&e down a 20mm ,liquid manure might help to grease the cables
whats the liklihood of the horses coming into contact with the electrical installation ,have a look at agricultural premises in the book and see if any of it might apply

M

MAD SPARK

no problems with putting t&e down conduit ,not accounting for bends you could get 2x1.5 t&e down a 20mm ,liquid manure might help to grease the cables
whats the liklihood of the horses coming into contact with the electrical installation ,have a look at agricultural premises in the book and see if any of it might apply
the horses can come in to contact with it.....the switches are at 1800...:confused:
I dont have the regs with me......is this not allowed.

If it isnt then the only alternative is to bring the wire down the outside wall to the switch but this would have to be in trunking. So how would you get a waterproof seal between the bottom of the steel conduit and the switch?

W

wayne

tapped "wiring in stables "(uk)into google and came up with some good advice

M

MAD SPARK

Ok i accept that the animals cant come in to contact with the isntallation and the only way to do it is to run the wiring outside. I want the wires in conduit (outside) I belive this is allowed if its galvanised??......also i need to know how you get a seal between the switch box and the conduit?

J

jibspark

yup i would tube it and use a flanged coupler to get the seal between the box and tube.

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools

Reply to Armoured cable switch wires in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
Top Bottom