Currently reading:
Bargain of the week

Discuss Bargain of the week in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

telectrix

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
00000000000000AVO Model 8, (1970) Mint condition, just needs a 15v battery, calibration sticker 1986. just bought it from car boot for £10. been looking for one for ages.

btw, anyone know where i can get a 15v BLR121 battery?

Last edited:
00000000000000AVO Model 8, (1970) Mint condition, just needs a 15v battery, calibration sticker 1986. just bought it from car boot for £10. been looking for one for ages.

Nice!!

I don't think you can get the 15v Bats anymore but I'm sure there's a "how to" make "one" (or similar) on the web somewhere.. But typical of me I can't remember where.

they on ebay £8.95 to £10.95. just searched.

cheers to both 4 that. working not far from a mappies tomorrow. will call in.

I know I'm going to regret this, and there is a little man on each shoulder one saying do it do it...................while the other is saying don't don't ....................but the do it as always wins ....................

Ok Tel why? .............in do you want an old AVO 8

Same testers that we used in college, quite good, we was using them to find out voltage to amps in circuits on soduim lamps and halide also irons. mad its all good. they had loads of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I'm going to regret this, and there is a little man on each shoulder one saying do it do it...................while the other is saying don't don't ....................but the do it as always wins ....................

Ok Tel why? .............in do you want an old AVO 8
because when the meter says there's volts there, i know that there are volts there, and the meter is not picking up the potential difference of my sweaty socks. apart from that. it'll be a mate for my model 7.

Last edited:
Lovely bit of kit.... mind you I'd rather carry a modern MFT to the top of a tenement building than this and an old megger lump in their 'satchels'.....

Nice!!

I don't think you can get the 15v Bats anymore but I'm sure there's a "how to" make "one" (or similar) on the web somewhere.. But typical of me I can't remember where.

That was the site I was on about a few posts back!

Have to be honest I did google when I read your post and that was about the 3rd site I came across and loved the battery replacement idea, that would suit Tel down to the ground ................

was toying with the idea of 2 PP3's in seies with a zener diode to limit to 15v.

BLR121 is a modern replacement for the original B121. BLR121 has been constructed from number of button cells in series, whereas the old B121 was a manganese/carbon pile construction similar to the more familiar PPx series of 'radio batteries'. The only down side to this is the capacity of the replacement is lower than the original and hence it will need replacing more often.

Adding to "Rocker" comment... and faked, not always as unconvincing as the "Bosch" copies labeled 'Boschmann' that were doing the rounds a few years ago.

Reply to Bargain of the week in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back