Discuss bathroom light question/boiler earth bonding in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

See this is one of the reasons I don't do EICR, too much interpretation of how **** something is.

I know lets have a National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting or even a National Association of Professional Inspectors and Testers. Then you'd all be singing from the same hymn sheet :)
when i see something such as pendants in a bathroom my mind instantly thinks back to those "faces of death" videos of people dying in dumb ways, wouldnt take much effort for a lanky chap to grab the pendant whilst getting in or out of the bath if its within reach.

i dont like exposed lamps where there is likelyhood of water splashing onto the hot glass.

the boiler offence i stated was my mistake though, should of checked rather than listening to my old boss and relying on that as gospel

Well ----, if you wanna step out in front of a bus, and see who comes off worse off, be my guest (my best gunnery sergeant highway talk) :)

I always nod, listen to my boss and do the opposite.

In my previous experiences my bosses never come up with any ideas that been haven't already suggested. Only difference was I had to acknowledged how brilliant their concept was. Not that I've had anything new to add, but they thought they did.

One of my bosses favourite sayings is What you need to do which is a signal for me not to do it:D

well my festive season will have a good bit of reading thrown in, may have to place the regs book in the throne room, im first to admit i dont know everything, not been in this trade even a quarter of the time some of you lot have, i try to learn from a mistake and not let it happen again, i can live with mis-classifying an item on an eicr as it can be amended easily.

kind of wish i had waited to get home and check the regs before posting here though :D

well my festive season will have a good bit of reading thrown in, may have to place the regs book in the throne room, im first to admit i dont know everything, not been in this trade even a quarter of the time some of you lot have, i try to learn from a mistake and not let it happen again, i can live with mis-classifying an item on an eicr as it can be amended easily.

kind of wish i had waited to get home and check the regs before posting here though :D

Oh God another double post, bad grammar, bad spelling, the Worlds gonna end

I dunno, but if you are going to ride with them, you do need to ride a horse, possibly?
the horsemen are dantes inferno i think, not the bible but there is some wild sheizer in the bible so wouldnt surprise me, ill just take my van, my trusty (ish) steed

Reply to bathroom light question/boiler earth bonding in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net